Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?
3 years ago#1
Would like to see how other people use this shell at a high level. I think k beast uses it iirc but that's the only person I can think of
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3:Zero/Doom/Vergil; Injustice: Lex Luthor, Ares, Green Lantern, Black Adam
3 years ago#2
Well Yipes uses Dante/Mag, does that help?
Here Comes a New Challenger Blogs - http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/User:Golden_fireburst/HCaNC_Archives
Founder of Top Tier Heroes - Recruits: 6
3 years ago#3
Alom_o_mola posted...

A little. Looking more for magneto with jam session.
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3:Zero/Doom/Vergil; Injustice: Lex Luthor, Ares, Green Lantern, Black Adam
3 years ago#4
shoot projectiles and be annoying -> call jam session -> hit buttons because you have like a 8 way mixup off this -> you hit them gj -> slap them in the face a lot and kill them or reset or something

on incoming I wanna say that slide + jam session is a cross-under but I'm not 100%

mashing H and jam session is basically a 100% unbeatable tactic at the start of a round and really whenever you're near eachother with equal frame advantage. depending on the timing you can accidentally throw them into jam session and midscreen I'm p sure you can't actually get anything off this but w/e it's still awesome because you usually either get a grab or enough time to go into a combo/mixup because they got hit by jam session

normal jump -> airdash up + mag blast or something -> fly -> air wavedash -> call dante and go for that 50/50 crossup as you land and then do high lows or something

mag/dante THC is a really ghetto version of doom/ammy thc. if you tag them at superjump height they land in the bullets and then a combo happens, if not you have all the time in the world to get over to them

off a jam session plus jump/crouching l starter you can do j.m j.h -> l blast -> j.m j.m -> l blast -> s -> j.h -> airdash -> j.h -> l blast -> j.m -> j.h -> then you go into an air chain or hypergrav

I feel like pulling people into jam session might have some potential but I keep forgetting magneto even has that move outside of playing with dead bodies so idk

when you enivtably have dante/magnus keep in mind that emd -> jump qcfm - airdash j.h -> c.l -> magic series -> dive kick -> whatever works on probably everybody. EMD + grapple also works but that's a pretty big gamble

according to my guide the l version of force field has three frames of startup but like 20 active frames or something goofy like that? so maybe doing that + jam session might be a thing? i dunno force field isn't really worth it even as a gimmick unless you can cancel into spiral swords and actually do damage
3 years ago#5
KBeast
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
3 years ago#6
frieda plays zero/mag/dante though his marvel isn't top tier
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
3 years ago#7
Zero/Dante/Vergil
3 years ago#8
jdm, look no further then Kbeast
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
3 years ago#9
Kevin "KBeast" Beast.

ps. not his real name.
~Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 5027-6372-4519~
PSN: Al_Rikir
3 years ago#10
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Alom_o_mola posted...

A little. Looking more for magneto with jam session.

I believe there is a guy by the name of Mike_Deeooh who has a Mag/Dante shell. I haven't played him in a while, but from what I remember, he has the best Dante on PSN and his Magneto is no slouch either. I'm not sure what assist he runs with Dante, but I remember his team was:

Magneto/Dante/Strider
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived