Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?
2 years ago#1
Would like to see how other people use this shell at a high level. I think k beast uses it iirc but that's the only person I can think of
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3:Zero/Doom/Vergil; Injustice: Lex Luthor, Ares, Green Lantern, Black Adam
2 years ago#2
Well Yipes uses Dante/Mag, does that help?
---
Here Comes a New Challenger Blogs - http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/User:Golden_fireburst/HCaNC_Archives
Founder of Top Tier Heroes - Recruits: 6
2 years ago#3
Alom_o_mola posted...

A little. Looking more for magneto with jam session.
---
PSN&XBL: JDM6413 Playing: UMVC3:Zero/Doom/Vergil; Injustice: Lex Luthor, Ares, Green Lantern, Black Adam
2 years ago#4
shoot projectiles and be annoying -> call jam session -> hit buttons because you have like a 8 way mixup off this -> you hit them gj -> slap them in the face a lot and kill them or reset or something

on incoming I wanna say that slide + jam session is a cross-under but I'm not 100%

mashing H and jam session is basically a 100% unbeatable tactic at the start of a round and really whenever you're near eachother with equal frame advantage. depending on the timing you can accidentally throw them into jam session and midscreen I'm p sure you can't actually get anything off this but w/e it's still awesome because you usually either get a grab or enough time to go into a combo/mixup because they got hit by jam session

normal jump -> airdash up + mag blast or something -> fly -> air wavedash -> call dante and go for that 50/50 crossup as you land and then do high lows or something

mag/dante THC is a really ghetto version of doom/ammy thc. if you tag them at superjump height they land in the bullets and then a combo happens, if not you have all the time in the world to get over to them

off a jam session plus jump/crouching l starter you can do j.m j.h -> l blast -> j.m j.m -> l blast -> s -> j.h -> airdash -> j.h -> l blast -> j.m -> j.h -> then you go into an air chain or hypergrav

I feel like pulling people into jam session might have some potential but I keep forgetting magneto even has that move outside of playing with dead bodies so idk

when you enivtably have dante/magnus keep in mind that emd -> jump qcfm - airdash j.h -> c.l -> magic series -> dive kick -> whatever works on probably everybody. EMD + grapple also works but that's a pretty big gamble

according to my guide the l version of force field has three frames of startup but like 20 active frames or something goofy like that? so maybe doing that + jam session might be a thing? i dunno force field isn't really worth it even as a gimmick unless you can cancel into spiral swords and actually do damage
(edited by lol_what)
2 years ago#5
KBeast
---
PSN: SSJ_Hasham
XBL: Darth Hasham
2 years ago#6
frieda plays zero/mag/dante though his marvel isn't top tier
---
LunaEstFrigida on Capcom games: "SF4 = Chess, UMvC3 = Dodgeball, SFxT = Golf"
2 years ago#7
Zero/Dante/Vergil
2 years ago#8
jdm, look no further then Kbeast
---
PSN: SolidAbyss
3ds friend code: 1204-0001-5868
2 years ago#9
Kevin "KBeast" Beast.

ps. not his real name.
---
~Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 5027-6372-4519~
PSN: Al_Rikir
2 years ago#10
MK9_Prodigy posted...
Alom_o_mola posted...

A little. Looking more for magneto with jam session.

I believe there is a guy by the name of Mike_Deeooh who has a Mag/Dante shell. I haven't played him in a while, but from what I remember, he has the best Dante on PSN and his Magneto is no slouch either. I'm not sure what assist he runs with Dante, but I remember his team was:

Magneto/Dante/Strider
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  3. Anyone know a good player that uses the Mag/Dante shell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived