I'm a relatively new player and have some questions

#1shotgunsnipaPosted 6/20/2013 9:32:51 PM
I started playing marvel a few months ago for the 360 (sorry, their board is much closer to death). I've learned quite a bit, but I'm still pretty terrible. I play a team of Phoenix Wright point (get 'em missle), Dante (Jam Session), and Wesker anchor (Lower shot). Before anyone says it, I know I will get criticized for PW. I play him for character loyalty, no matter what you say, I will not change my team.

On to the main questions:

Do players tend to just memorize their combos, or is it better to learn the movesets well enough that you know which moves combo with others?

Based on the first question, what is the best way for me to learn the combos or the connections, especially for Dante?

I honestly have been in flux with Dante, but I enjoy his character and his assist is extremely valuable for finding evidence.

This is not my first fighting game, I also play P4A. I think this has caused a problem though, I believe it's blocking is much easier. So, I ask, what are some good ways to improve my blocking?

The last question I can think of currently, what is the best character on my team to deal with doom, and how should they (and possibly the other characters) deal with him? I always seem to get plasma beam spammed or hit once and foot dived to death...

I really appreciate any answers.
---
How many people have asked/guessed what a "Shotgunsnipa" is:3
How many people guessed right:1
#2lol_whatPosted 6/20/2013 10:06:34 PM(edited)
Do players tend to just memorize their combos, or is it better to learn the movesets well enough that you know which moves combo with others?

a bit of both, generally you'll wanna figure out one combo, and then learn various ways to go into that from the many possible ways you can hit someone (adding/removing steps as needed depending on the hitstun of those starting hits)

Based on the first question, what is the best way for me to learn the combos or the connections, especially for Dante?
go to shoryuken.com and browse the combo threads

This is not my first fighting game, I also play P4A. I think this has caused a problem though, I believe it's blocking is much easier. So, I ask, what are some good ways to improve my blocking?

in order of effectiveness

- don't be in a situation where you have to block

- know what mixups a character has and any holes that might have (for example, you can mash jab against assistless berserker slash/rapid slash)

- guess

The last question I can think of currently, what is the best character on my team to deal with doom, and how should they (and possibly the other characters) deal with him? I always seem to get plasma beam spammed or hit once and foot dived to death...

dante, his sword can actually challenge foot dive a little bit, and if he tries to hide at the top of the screen and shoot at you you have like four seperate moves to get him to come down/block (twister, jam session, acid rain and teleport)

both dante AND wesker shouldn't ever get hit by a plasma beam because they have air projectiles