Characters don't have a Hitbox

#31ProzacStylings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 8:24:01 PM
//Understand that you understand nothing of the situation, and that at the end of the day, you are poster child for the average, run of the mill kids your town was filled with.

Really? You think you know me, and my intellectual status?

I received the John Adams scholarship for placing in the 99.8th percentile in my states standardized high school testing(MCAS), of which I did precisely 0 studying for. I quite literally slept through half of my AP Bio class, and was one of two people in the class to 5 the test(the other being the 4.0 Salutatorian, but I digress). It took me 10 minutes to solve a stupid math question(using an equation with only 3 3s as integers, how do you solve for 8?) that my chemistry teacher told as an anecdote that started with "guess what me and the world science teacher were trying to figure out all last night". I was the kid hiding my tests in the fifth grade, because I didn't want to be the weird smart kid getting the 100s. I was the kid that said "what about fly?", when they told us AEIOU were consonants and every word had one, back in the wee second grade. Got myself a special conversation with a couple teachers in a private room for that one, gee golly isn't that kid smart, back to class you go.

My academic history is one of institutional lethargy and wasted potential, and while I certainly consider myself happy in life now, the complete misappropriation of educational resources is not good for the country in any way. Your crock of **** business is a contributing factor.

Do I take pride in my academic history? Hardly. I hated organized schooling then, and I hate it now, and I can safely say it hasn't done me a whole lot of good, except for being good at chess, vidya gaems, and on the spot mental math. IMO, the pursuit of life is happiness, and IMO, intelligence can often be a detriment to that. But I know that every child with an IQ of 48 that my hometown sends off to special school is costing them way more money than it's worth, and I know a huge amount of those special needs diagnosis are horse**** in the first place.
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#32ProzacStylings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 8:55:57 PM(edited)
/wall of text

TL;DR

Everyone ****ing knows autism is a flashfire psychiatric fad of a diagnosis. Just as ADD and Bipolar was. In all incidents, there are cases that are legitimate, of course; that doesn't change the fact that there are a huge amount of cases that are not.

My original quote:

Fo' srs, though, Autism is the new ADHD is the new Bipolar, a wildfire diagnosis given to anyone that says their child is special in a bad way and deserves help.

Source: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dsm5-in-distress/201006/psychiatric-fads-and-overdiagnosis

Fads in psychiatric diagnosis come and go and have been with us as long as there has been a psychiatry. The fads meet a deeply felt need to explain, or at least to label, what would otherwise be unexplainable human suffering and deviance. In recent years the pace has picked up and false "epidemics" have come in bunches involving an ever increasing proportion of the population. We are now in the midst of at least three such epidemics- of autism, attention deficit, and childhood bipolar disorder.
-Allen Frances, M.D.
Chair of the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders IV Task Force
A.K.A., the guy that wrote the book(literally) on Mental Disorder that we used from 1994 to 2013.
A.K.A., way more qualified than random polish guy

/hold dat
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#33MaverickMVIIPosted 10/14/2013 2:59:47 AM
ProzacStylings posted...

overabundant funding to make sure Special Fred finally learns his multiplication tables, and zero-to-tiny funding to foster gifted children, and/or separate them from curriculums that bore them to death

ugh this p****d me off so much throughout school

I sit in maths getting told I have to show my working when I can do it all easily in my head in about 10 minutes, while all the soon-to-be-dropouts get taken outside and allowed to play around on quadbikes lol
#34ForbiddenCasualPosted 10/14/2013 3:50:56 AM
I dropped my popcorn on the floor, anyone willing to share?
#35KnyghtFallPosted 10/14/2013 5:22:36 AM
ForbiddenCasual posted...
I dropped my popcorn on the floor, anyone willing to share?

*shares popcorn*

*anxiously awaits polishenigma's response*
---
Dante is a nice check that you can cash at any liquor store. Haggar is a money order. ~loffter
#36ProzacStylings(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 5:26:21 AM
I've defeated a polish...

FOR SCIENCE

/modok out
---
Quoth the server, "404"
#37MaroziPosted 10/14/2013 7:42:45 AM
Right so how about that Marvel game with the punching and the hurtcircles stuff huh. That sure is a thing with the Vergils and the Dooms and the Zeros eh
---
Ask me about craft beer!
GT: OceanSoulDog PSN: Moondogtk
#38KromagnumPosted 10/14/2013 7:50:52 AM
ProzacStylings posted...
there are cases that are legitimate, of course; that doesn't change the fact that there are a huge amount of cases that are not.

---
XBL: Kromagnum81
#39DeathChaos25Posted 10/14/2013 2:41:16 PM
MaverickMVII posted...
ProzacStylings posted...

overabundant funding to make sure Special Fred finally learns his multiplication tables, and zero-to-tiny funding to foster gifted children, and/or separate them from curriculums that bore them to death

ugh this p****d me off so much throughout school

I sit in maths getting told I have to show my working when I can do it all easily in my head in about 10 minutes, while all the soon-to-be-dropouts get taken outside and allowed to play around on quadbikes lol

This so F***ing much.

My old High school divided math classes by semester instead of by year.

Out of all my math classes, I got 100%, except on the first one, I got 98% because the stupid teacher would give me a lot of S*** for not writing down all the procedure and calculations when I can easily do them in my head in no time, so after the first exam, I had to waste extra time just to write those down.
---
Xbox live & PSN - DeathChaos25
https://elite.callofduty.com/player/hq/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b97a07f0f28c3675dd
#40NeoChisPosted 10/14/2013 3:04:09 PM
Urg, I didn't come to this board for Prozac's life story and yet another one of his rants. Just Marvel.
---
Gamefaqs, the site when stating fact is seen as trolling by mods and stating opinons is seen as trolling by users.