Is my team good?

#1puggerisusePosted 12/11/2011 11:12:15 AM
Haggar. Violent axe
Arthur. Dagger toss
Frank. Shopping cart

Haggar is anchor because he is good for starting the match with high hp.
Arthur is a good zoning character but he has low hp.
Frank is good all around I put him last to level him with tac.
---
ILL USE MY TRUSTY FRYING PAN AS A DRYING PAN!
#2Old_SodPosted 12/11/2011 11:57:14 AM
Your Haggar comment makes no sense. Anchors are third, not first.

You won't level up Frank much with Arthur.

Daggers are great for Haggar.

Overall...If Haggar is on point I would get rid of Frank. And use Lariat assist to help Arthur. As it stands...that team is mediocre at best. Give Spencer or Doom a shot instead of Frank and you may have something there.
---
Current: SSF4:AE, Magic 2012, UMvC3, Skyrim
GT: Fugawhuz
#3puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 5:45:18 PM
I thought anchor was 1st. Also franks shopping cart is good for this team. And spencer is too ugly to play.
---
#4ProzacIsBackPosted 12/11/2011 5:52:57 PM
Anchor means a 3rd-slot position, etc. Point/Middle/Anchor.

That said.. Haggar and Arthur still have a lot to be discovered, in Ultimate. They were both terrible on point in Vanilla, but they've both come out of the Ultimate transition significantly better on point.

Arthur and Frank on that same team is a relatively unsuccessful idea, though. Frank needs a way to level him, and Arthur needs X-Factor(He should really be Anchor, 3rd slot; or at least, you should intend on switching him there at some point).

As far as I know, Haggar has no gimmick to level up frank. Your best bet would be Tiny Haggar Combo -> Rapid Fist[Mash] -> Launch -> TAC to Frank -> jM xx Tools L, jM xx Tools L, Tools L, Smile+Assist, Smile xx Tools Hyper.

But any strategy that requires a TAC is a bad strategy.

I'd suggest either dropping Frank.. or dropping Arthur, and making the team Haggar/____/Frank, where the 2nd character has a way to bring Frank in mid/post-hyper.

Like Trish, Tron, Dante, Vergil, Nova, RR, etc.
---
Punk Rock tried to kill The Metal.. but Metal was much too stroooong
MvC3 - Merc yer Eel : Dante / Sent / Akuma
#5puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 7:02:15 PM
Would ammy with the cold star assist be better than arthur.
Also I like frank on 3rd for order reasons. Arthurs gold assists are good however
---
#6puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 7:06:14 PM
It does no need tac it's just helpful. Also lariat leaves haggar open to long and it bounces the opponent to high. And it has low range.
---
#7puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 7:07:23 PM
puggerisuse posted...
It does no need tac it's just helpful. Also lariat leaves haggar open to long and it bounces the opponent to high. And it has low range.

Dang it I meant to say not.
---
#8puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 7:10:59 PM
What about hawkeye instead of arthur. With violent fizz.
---
#9puggerisuse(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 6:16:36 AM
Bump
---
#10Old_SodPosted 12/12/2011 7:16:42 AM
ProzacIsBack posted...

As far as I know, Haggar has no gimmick to level up frank.

Found this earlier this week for Haggar/Frank. If you watch your hit stun scaling, you may be able to set this up to be not quite as situational as a "punish hyper" to level up Frank instead of a combo into Rapid Fist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGr4oDUGGk

Also, Lariat assist was godlike in MvC3, and in UMvC3 it still isn't that bad. You just have to be more careful about using it, but it still is great for zoners when people are trying to get in on you. The problem is with Haggar on point, you won't be able to utilize that assist much because your health will already be somewhat low I would think.

Hawkeye with Violent Fizz doesn't work for your team. You need an assist to help you get in, which is usually a beam assist or a mulitple projectile assist that provide some time for you to dash in while the opponent is stunned or knocked down. Hawkeye H. Arrows would be much better for that than Violent Fizz. Not to say Violent Fizz is bad (I use it on one of my main teams for a specific purpose), but it isn't good for controlling space and advancing slow characters like Haggar or Hulk.

Literally just go on Youtube, type in "Haggar UMvC3" or "Arthur UMvC3" or "Hawkeye UMvC3" or whatever and see what you can find. It can rattle your brain sometimes trying to find that perfect team for YOU, but finding an effective team in general to try out isn't hard at all.
---
Current: SSF4:AE, Magic 2012, UMvC3, Skyrim
GT: Fugawhuz