Is there an option to turn off glitter, stars and rainbows?

#1BADNEWSCREWSEPosted 10/24/2012 12:26:55 PM
That's the aspect of the game that just screams "don't play" to me.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up!!!! - Ash
#2EvolutionBabyPosted 10/24/2012 1:24:12 PM
Going to go ahead and assume that this is a (late) hate thread?
#3BADNEWSCREWSE(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 12:43:40 AM
No. I usually wait for most games to go on sale and this is $19.99 at Gamestop this week. This is a legitimate question regarding an aspect of the game that wouldn't appeal to me.
---
#4DaiohmaPosted 10/25/2012 6:39:43 AM
You can't turn it off as it is how you can get silver coins.
If you don't want to collect outfits etc which use silver coins just never kill more than 3 zombies at once and you will never see the glitter.

I can't see how it's a problem, if anything it fits in and adds to the style of the game.
#5EvolutionBabyPosted 10/25/2012 3:36:33 PM
Daiohma posted...
I can't see how it's a problem, if anything it fits in and adds to the style of the game.

Agreed. The glitter, rainbows, etc. are one of the key aspects of the game (hence the whole "sparkle hunting" feature), so being able to turn that off wouldn't have really made any sense.
__

@TC: I suggest watching a couple of gameplay videos for the game on YouTube. If you still don't like it after that, then you may just want to buy something else.
#6BADNEWSCREWSE(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 8:14:05 PM
Having glitter and rainbows all over the screen doesn't make sense in a zombie killing game, but whatever. Anyway, thanks for helping me save $20.
---
#7mudelledgePosted 10/25/2012 8:27:34 PM
BADNEWSCREWSE posted...
Having glitter and rainbows all over the screen doesn't make sense in a zombie killing game, but whatever. Anyway, thanks for helping me save $20.

Lmao probably a question of sexuality then...
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#8New_BirdmanPosted 10/25/2012 8:40:12 PM

Then it doesn't make sense to have magic or a talking head either and a huge list of other stuff that you wouldn't find in a zombie game.

If you've seen the Suda51 interview he talks about the effects and why he used them. It's not supposed to be your average zombie killing game.
#9EvolutionBabyPosted 10/26/2012 12:52:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10New_BirdmanPosted 10/26/2012 5:38:51 PM
Well, he didn't actually say that. His post about the effects not making sense in a zombie killing game are what got me.

People shouldn't be making silly rules like this that limit what a game can be. It's like saying "If a game is about zombie killing, it MUST be like the RE series".

In other games the list goes on in terms of what doesn't make sense in whatever setting the game is in. Fortunately developers like Suda51 don't go by such rules. In an interview he clearly explained his intention with all the rainbows and sparkles, and how he wanted to make a different zombie game from all the other standard stuff.

What's unfortunate is I read that he's using feedback from Lollipop Chainsaw to create a new game.

Problem with this is it seems LC was generally disliked, most of the hate being from idiots and just opinions that are garbage. So chances are we're going to end up with something average.