Is there an option to turn off glitter, stars and rainbows?

#11BADNEWSCREWSE(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2012 10:59:09 PM
1st - I didn't do a lot of research on this game to find out about any talking head or other things in this game that do not make sense. I was simply stating that rainbows and glitter are out of place in a zombie game. Also, I do not think every zombie game should be like Resident Evil. I also enjoy Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island and other games with zombies. None of which are anything like Resident Evil.
2nd - Question of sexuality? Really? Wow! Grow up! I am an adult who enjoys cartoons. I watch many with my children and even by myself. Just because I don't think those aspects in a game would appeal to me and I don't think it would be entertaining in the least doesn't make it a question of sexuality. It means it's a preference just like I wouldn't enjoy those aspects in a military shooter, a racing game, a sports game, a survival horror game or any other game that I would enjoy. Coins are in Mario games(which I love)and if it were just coins, I would be 100% fine with it for the leveling up or purchasing of items.
Rainbows and glitter just seem out of place in a hack and slash zombie game. That's my opinion and that's no reason to say negative things. I do appreciate the helpful comments from the nicer and mature element on the topic. Thank you.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up!!!! - Ash
#12New_BirdmanPosted 10/27/2012 12:10:05 AM
Also, I do not think every zombie game should be like Resident Evil.

Sorry, I don't mean you actually think they should be like RE, I just meant more realistic zombie games. My problem with your comment is that you seem to be setting a 'rule' for what makes sense, which to my mind just puts a limit on what a game is allowed to feature.

The fact that LC is like this is exactly what appeals to me, and it was also what was intended, to set it apart from generic zombie games. I'm happy it's not the same type of zombie setting all over again.

2nd - Question of sexuality? Really? Wow! Grow up! I am an adult who enjoys cartoons. I watch many with my children and even by myself. Just because I don't think those aspects in a game would appeal to me and I don't think it would be entertaining in the least doesn't make it a question of sexuality.

Yeah, it was unfair for anyone to assume this. Like I said, you never said or implied this at all.

Coins are in Mario games(which I love)and if it were just coins, I would be 100% fine with it for the leveling up or purchasing of items.

But accepting giant gold floating coins bouncing everywhere should be just as nonsensical in a zombie from your point of view. If it's just you not liking the look of rainbows and glitter, ok.

Rainbows and glitter just seem out of place in a hack and slash zombie game. That's my opinion and that's no reason to say negative things. I do appreciate the helpful comments from the nicer and mature element on the topic. Thank you.

Totally fine with this. It's not for everyone, but I'd really like if you just tried it. Don't go into it looking for a standard zombie game. All the weird stuff makes sense when you look at it as a whole. I hope what I've said hasn't offended you in anyway.
#13mudelledgePosted 10/27/2012 7:32:19 AM
BADNEWSCREWSE posted...
1st - I didn't do a lot of research on this game to find out about any talking head or other things in this game that do not make sense. I was simply stating that rainbows and glitter are out of place in a zombie game. Also, I do not think every zombie game should be like Resident Evil. I also enjoy Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island and other games with zombies. None of which are anything like Resident Evil.
2nd - Question of sexuality? Really? Wow! Grow up! I am an adult who enjoys cartoons. I watch many with my children and even by myself. Just because I don't think those aspects in a game would appeal to me and I don't think it would be entertaining in the least doesn't make it a question of sexuality. It means it's a preference just like I wouldn't enjoy those aspects in a military shooter, a racing game, a sports game, a survival horror game or any other game that I would enjoy. Coins are in Mario games(which I love)and if it were just coins, I would be 100% fine with it for the leveling up or purchasing of items.

Still shouldn't over look it....I played it and loved playing, then my wife stole the controller and wouldn't give it back......and the glitter and sparkles only happen when you kill three zombies at once....

But it is a cheerleader...killing zombies....in a zany story line. How can it be out of place?
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#14opiPosted 10/27/2012 7:59:14 AM
there's glitter, stars, and rainbows all over the place in this game. it kind of goes with the game. it's like in DOOM when you kill someone they spray blood and turn into bloody piles. some people, they like it. some don't.

i, for example, wouldn't buy any Call of Duty or Halo game for $20. just not my style of game. this guy doesn't want to buy the game for $20? no problem.

you guys are really arguing over this?
---
GT: The DaddyDoodle
#15mudelledgePosted 10/27/2012 8:10:49 AM
Yea.. I lied it does have a lot of rainbows and glitter, but its fun as hell.

The soundtrack is awesome also, its like meta..l then 80s music...

Plus lots of challenges and unlockable content.

And michael rooker does the VA of an awesome boss....

Michael Rooker mannnn.

But eh I'm not gonna tell you what to buy, buy hopefully you play this game later on.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks