This game.....

#1whyterose86Posted 11/5/2012 7:08:28 PM
Sucks..period. Even at $20 bucks this sucks. Wish I'd of gotten Sleeping Dogs or Dishonored. That is all :/
#2EvolutionBabyPosted 11/5/2012 11:33:21 PM
I respect your right to have an opinion, though I can't really say that I understand why you came here just to say that the game sucks.

If you don't like it, then just sell it and use the money to help pay for another game that you might like (out of the two you mentioned, I'd suggest Dishonored).
#3New_BirdmanPosted 11/6/2012 5:02:18 PM
They don't give explanations why the game sucks usually. I think we may have another button smasher.

Even when you know how to play, it's fine to still think it sucks. Just wish people could explain why they think so. It's really childish to buy a game then run to that game's board just to let everyone know how much it sucks.
#4whyterose86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 11:44:29 PM
I think the game sucks for two reasons. 1.) for me it is not immersive. I play games for the experience. Not all games suck you into their world but the great ones do. 2.) I just don't find it fun. The game is definitely funny, but for me it's not actually fun. I'm playing the game right too. Group zombies together, daze them, go sparkle hunting. I get the gist, but I guess I have buyers remorse....especially when considering the other games I had in mind. Honestly I went the cheap route, got the game I was least interested in, and regretted it later. It's not the games fault its mine. Nothing is wrong with the game mechanically and I'm still glad to have supported Suda, even on the cheap. Still, for me, the game is a dud. I'll probably just drop the 60 on Dishonored and use it and this for sleeping dogs once I beat em. I'm generally fair with judgement on games(I've posted on hundreds of boards for good games). Even though this message isn't particularly "nice"
#5New_BirdmanPosted 11/7/2012 1:51:11 AM
Fair enough. The game just isn't your type.

For me it's the opposite. I love this kind of game and am having huge amounts of fun going for ranks and high scores.

Hope you can get hold of the games you're after.
#6whyterose86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 6:43:00 AM
Funny thing about this game is my girlfriend has started playing and she LOVES it. I actually kind of like watching her play.
#7DegalonPosted 11/8/2012 8:04:52 AM
I would suggest avoiding Sleeping Dogs. Its just Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#8whyterose86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 6:09:14 PM
I bought Dishonored. Gonna play it tonight, but I hope it doesnt disappoint. Honestly ive had more fun with Hotline Miami than most AAA titles lately. I just want an immersive game world to get lost in....I mean isn't that the point of a good game? So few deliver lately though.
#9bleeding_violetPosted 11/9/2012 8:14:03 PM
whyterose86 posted...
Funny thing about this game is my girlfriend has started playing and she LOVES it. I actually kind of like watching her play.

If your gf loves it, then wouldn't it be 20 dollars well spent? My fiance bought me this when it came out and she was happy that I loved it. This is one of the most fun games I've played in years. Some people just don't get why, kinda like how I don't get all the military shooters that are out there. Sure I loved DOOM but things like Call of duty? Boring. But hey whatever makes you happy I guess.
#10En Sabah NurPosted 11/12/2012 6:24:21 PM
I disagree. I enjoy the game a good deal for its setting and ridiculous humor. The combat could be smoother but that's my only complaint. The soundtrack is excellent.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA