Xbox or PS3?

#11skytrotPosted 5/29/2012 1:23:42 AM
Like what others have said before me... your preference of controller should more or less determine which version you should get.

Though if you'd like a definitive answer, I'd say get the PS3 version as Grasshopper's last game Shadows of the Damned had the better version on the PS3.
#12Cosmic_Coyote(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 7:37:09 AM
I guess I will get it on both consoles >_<
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#13KatonPosted 5/29/2012 10:02:47 AM
I doubt there's going to be much of a difference between them other than the controllers, as others have already said. I'm going with PS3.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#14DahvooPosted 5/29/2012 11:40:38 AM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...

Normally I would just wait for reviews after release to find out which version is marginally "better", but with the pre-order outfits I need to decide at launch.

Right now I'm leaning towards 360 just because when the game has been shown at gaming expos over the past year with a playable demo, they featured the 360 version.

Here's to hoping a playable demo for both consoles gets released within the next two weeks to compare.
---
GT/PSN: Dahvoo
3DS FC: 0946-2251-0734
#15HappyUnicorn101Posted 5/29/2012 2:59:05 PM
Cosmic_Coyote posted...

Why? No need to do that. That is a waste of money. You are better off getting just 1 version on ANY console. Then you can wait til this gets a big price drop and then pick it up for the other console at another time.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#16Kobe_Got_JamPosted 5/29/2012 6:57:45 PM
Neither.

N-Gage.
---
PSN ID: MoirNoir
#17vega2505Posted 5/29/2012 8:14:12 PM
HappyUnicorn101 posted...
The only different in the actual game is I think the PS3 gets a striped bikini and a little red riding hood outfit.

The 360 gets a skimpy Shell bikini and a full body leather....motorcycle suit?

I know those are exlusice in japan but the american release might get ALL costumes. Hopefully someone can clarify.

Aside from that, as a rule of thumb, always go for the 360 of a multiplatform game if you have the choice. In almost all cases the 360 version simply performs better. There are rare exceptions like FFXIII and in those cases, it was very clear that the PS3 version was better so it was a no brainer. But again, those instances are very rare. Going with the 360 version almost always pays off.

As far as I know the US version gets all costumes with no console exclusives...they more than likely only did it in Japan to try to drive 360 sales up...but over here, they have to just try to get ANY sales, regardless of consoles.

And yes, the 360 version of games always have better performance out of the gate, where as PS3 versions tend to be less until they receive many patches to address PS3 specific issues.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#18AnimesetsunaPosted 5/29/2012 11:36:04 PM
I think that Hong Kong version have both dubs/languages but not sure with the costumes.
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/game/gameDetail/275360
---
Awaiting for Resident Evil 6
Galgames is my favorite
#19rpglover13Posted 5/30/2012 9:48:46 AM
On the gameplay video with one of the people who worked on the game they said that the voices and primary language of the game was English but for the internationals they would have subtitles.
#20ZalyagunryaiPosted 6/7/2012 1:22:02 AM
rpglover13 posted...
On the gameplay video with one of the people who worked on the game they said that the voices and primary language of the game was English but for the internationals they would have subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKsmlmfW0c

UHHHHHHH. so a guy working on the game is calling the shots on the localization of the game in a different country? I thought that up to the Publishing company.... :/ shows what i know about the business
---
Dynasty Warriors is a video game.
Not just ANY video game, but a SPORTS video game. Because unifying China is a sport.