Hey you guys - Still looking!

#1Meia_bluePosted 1/15/2012 11:02:15 AM
Silly forums are still down for me. Just want to say I haven't found them yet, still looking for Acanthodes and Cheiranthus. :)
---
Also known as Philia on backloggery. :)
Currently playing: Skyrim
#2Erdnuckel01Posted 1/15/2012 11:46:23 AM
Meia_blue posted...
Silly forums are still down for me. Just want to say I haven't found them yet, still looking for Acanthodes and Cheiranthus. :)

So your Wii decided to return to the world of the living ? Thats good to hear ;)

Oh btw. could you lend me a bit of your luck for catching all those legends, I sure could use some ^^
#3Meia_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 12:17:33 PM(edited)
lol Best advice I could give you, THINK LIKE A LEGENDARY FISH. Where would you hideeeee. ETC. :)

But seriously though, feel free to pm/email me if you like for more further info on fish you need.
---
#4Keaton64Posted 1/15/2012 12:38:24 PM
Hey Philia. I had to get away from Acanthodes fishing, so I decided to go to Kerikil to accumulate more of the fish there for the aquarium. I just caught my first Bothriolepis in the Calm upstream. It was located all the way on the other side (87-89 ft.) in the center of a tall grassy patch to the left of the rock in the middle of the extreme left side of the river. Does that make sense? I can't remember if you've already noted this location in your list since the xseed website is down.

I was fishing for fat minnows and saw it jump out of the water way off in the distance. I did something incredibly stupid before I landed one though. I thought they were small-medium fish, so I snapped the line for any fish that took too long to start coming in. I lost a bigger Bothriolepis on the first ingame day I started fishing for it b/c of this. It was then that I realized they were considered Medium-sized. I got another one about 3 ingame days later, but it was only D-rank. Heroic/Lunker/Rainbow reg
#5Erdnuckel01Posted 1/15/2012 12:44:34 PM
Meia_blue posted...
lol Best advice I could give you, THINK LIKE A LEGENDARY FISH. Where would you hideeeee. ETC. :)

But seriously though, feel free to pm/email me if you like for more further info on fish you need.

Oh great....now I'd like some worms and plankton for breakfast and want to sleep in a bathtub full of water weeds....;)

But for now I'll just try on my own, using the tips you already posted - thanks to your hard work I at least have an idea where to look and how big these fish are.
#6Meia_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 12:51:04 PM
Keaton64 posted...
Hey Philia. I had to get away from Acanthodes fishing, so I decided to go to Kerikil to accumulate more of the fish there for the aquarium. I just caught my first Bothriolepis in the Calm upstream. It was located all the way on the other side (87-89 ft.) in the center of a tall grassy patch to the left of the rock in the middle of the extreme left side of the river. Does that make sense? I can't remember if you've already noted this location in your list since the xseed website is down.

I was fishing for fat minnows and saw it jump out of the water way off in the distance. I did something incredibly stupid before I landed one though. I thought they were small-medium fish, so I snapped the line for any fish that took too long to start coming in. I lost a bigger Bothriolepis on the first ingame day I started fishing for it b/c of this. It was then that I realized they were considered Medium-sized. I got another one about 3 ingame days later, but it was only D-rank. Heroic/Lunker/Rainbow reg

Awesome, so they're very possible to catch with BAIT. NICE going! :) I caught mine with a lure and its on the right side/downstream for me. You just spotted the one on the upstream; great job! I'll be sure to go over there and test this out too. The only thing I HATE about using rainbow bait though is that it attracts all sorts of lame fish to it instead a lure I used. But thank you for confirming my idea that lures for these fish IS NOT EXCLUSIVE to lures. I'll keep fishing with Rainbow baits in other areas. :) Thank you so much for piping in.

I'll tell you where I spot mine. Its on the right side's downstream's grassy marsh 90ft out too. :D I used a red/green oriental and that lure only attracts salmon and brown trout which definitely made fishing for Bothriolepis easier and possibly quicker.
---
#7Keaton64Posted 1/15/2012 1:00:22 PM
Thanks for the info Philia. To be honest, I can't stand lure fishing. I'm terrible with them, and my hatred increased exponentially after the crankshaft retrieve challenge. The lure tournaments are going to make me rage hard. I'm trying to catch one more before moving on to Tidur for more carp and the legendary, and then I'll switch between there and Dua Ribu until someone finds the location for both legendaries there.
#8Meia_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 1:03:46 PM
Keaton64 posted...
Thanks for the info Philia. To be honest, I can't stand lure fishing. I'm terrible with them, and my hatred increased exponentially after the crankshaft retrieve challenge. The lure tournaments are going to make me rage hard. I'm trying to catch one more before moving on to Tidur for more carp and the legendary, and then I'll switch between there and Dua Ribu until someone finds the location for both legendaries there.

OMG. Someone else who also HATED the crankbait thing. Man. I hear you so much on that lure hate. I sure didn't want to participate in lure contests either. Spinners are quite easy to work with though thankfully, you just twitch your wiimote and they'll be attracted to its slight movement regardless. :)
---
#9Keaton64Posted 1/15/2012 1:14:57 PM(edited)
That would be very useful if you didn't have to reel spinners in. Is this what you're saying? You can just move it from left to right and hook fish anyway? Since Bothriolepis is so far out, you would have to get its attention on the cast and would probably never get one while reeling it in midway.
#10Meia_blue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2012 1:15:47 PM(edited)
Keaton64 posted...
That would be very useful if you didn't have to reel spinner in. Is this what you're saying? You can just move it from left to right and hook fish anyway? Since Bothriolepis is so far out, you would have to get its attention on the cast and would probably never get one while reeling it in midway.

YEP, you DO NOT NEED TO REEL. :D Better yet, twitching the wiimote left and right helps the lure to extend FURTHER! TRY IT.

I also must comment on the fact that someone was using an attachment for this and noted that every twitch you do, you reel in a bit. I advised him to make do without the attachment if possible. I think it worked since he caught it later.
---