Bonefish

#1TheBitBanditPosted 4/14/2012 8:31:50 PM
I've been trying to catch a bonefish but haven't had any luck. The FAQ says "Bonefish can be found in the east part of the Shallows and beyond into the ocean. It looks like a large Blotchy Sillago."

So what I've been doing is going to the far right of the map and up to where the shallows meets the ocean (where you can't walk any further out) and fishing all around there. Is this the right location or should I be walking more to the left, towards the center of the map?

Also I'm using Heroic, Lunker Keeper, Rainbow bait. Is this suitable? Is it possible to catch with a float or do I need to try lures (yuck!)
#2magiccube4527Posted 4/14/2012 11:46:43 PM

You can find it practically anywhere in the shallow area. It looks like a large Blotchy Sillago and just use the bait you're using right now. It's slightly rare, but shouldn't be too hard to find. I needed to catch 29 of them for a S-rank, so it will definitely appear sooner or later.

#3TheBitBandit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 2:21:37 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, I guess I just need to keep trying! So far I've spent about 6 days trying to find the darn thing...
#4TheBitBandit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 1:44:52 PM
10 days fishing here and still no Bonefish! Grrrr, it's almost as if the game doesn't want me to find one. And I've never seen it as a request on the notice board, but I've started the quest to find one...
#5magiccube4527Posted 4/19/2012 2:14:22 PM

You might be overlooking it. It sometimes blends in with the water around because of its weird shade of white. If you're looking far out into the Shallow area, don't do that. Instead, look at the area just behind the the drop off to the deeper water. It usually appears around there.

#6iMURDAuPosted 4/20/2012 11:45:03 AM
I caught mine at the edge where you can walk meets the deep on the far right of the map.
---
**Knope for City Council 2012**
Newport can have the news cycle this week. Next week is the debate and he will get his butt kicked.
#7TheBitBandit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2012 11:53:00 AM
magiccube4527 posted...
You might be overlooking it. It sometimes blends in with the water around because of its weird shade of white. If you're looking far out into the Shallow area, don't do that. Instead, look at the area just behind the the drop off to the deeper water. It usually appears around there.

Thanks for the help but I'm not quite sure where you mean. You said not to look far out in the Shallow area, but then you said to look "behind the drop off to the deeper water". Isn't the drop off way out in the Shallow area, i.e. as far as you can walk north in the water?
#8magiccube4527Posted 4/20/2012 3:42:14 PM

Sorry, I phrased it badly. Look at the area of the Shallow Area closest to the "real" shallow water. I actually find it's more common closest to the middle of the shallow area.

#9magiccube4527Posted 4/20/2012 4:03:51 PM

Here's a picture of it in case you don't know how it looks like.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/170xrk.jpg/

#10mvwhalleyPosted 4/21/2012 10:35:32 AM
Walk along the edge of the deep/shallow area keeping an eye an the immediate shallows and the close in deep. They are not hard to find at all.