Smallscale Blackfish

#1MarineStormPosted 4/22/2012 5:35:08 PM
I've been having a bit of trouble finding this fish. ^^;;

I have fished everywhere on Big Catch Rock (its habitat), but it doesn't seem to want to show up.

So, what I'm asking, is, can I have a bit of help on where exactly it is found? I also want to know the best rod/reel/bait combo for it as well, so if I have been using a bad combo, I can probably get it finally.

So, thanks for any help! :D
#2magiccube4527Posted 4/22/2012 9:24:31 PM

Are you looking in the water for it? It's easily distinguishable from the other fish since it's the blackest one there. Use either Heroic/Lunker/Rainbow or Heroic/Lunker/Quick Hitter and look for a fish similar to the Black Porgy, but blacker in color. It usually appears straight out in front or to the right at Big Catch Rock.

#3MarineStorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 12:56:25 PM
magiccube4527 posted...
Are you looking in the water for it? It's easily distinguishable from the other fish since it's the blackest one there. Use either Heroic/Lunker/Rainbow or Heroic/Lunker/Quick Hitter and look for a fish similar to the Black Porgy, but blacker in color. It usually appears straight out in front or to the right at Big Catch Rock.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll go search for it now. :D
#4MarineStorm(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 4:17:43 AM
MarineStorm posted...
magiccube4527 posted...

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll go search for it now. :D

I just caught it yesterday around an hour after that post. I think I used Rainbow Bait and used the same rod/reel combo you recommended.

They usually, like you said, appeared straight out near that rock that's sticking out of the water or to the right facing Feest Cove. I believe I caught mine somewhere in the middle of those directions and didn't cast that far. Other fish before kept getting there before it with Quick Hitter, so I believe I switched to Rainbow and it worked after a few tries. I did realize that it was easy to spot with its rounded body and dark color. It was pretty easy to spot.

Again, thanks for the help!
#5magiccube4527Posted 4/24/2012 9:46:05 AM

No problem, I also hate when other fish get in the way of the one you want, but glad to hear you finally caught it.