how do you unlock that last jungle?

#1wanderzPosted 2/21/2013 10:55:30 AM
i have been working mainly on unlocking all the areas so might have rushed a bit too much.

i can't seem to unlock malam jungle, i searched and checked the faqs and the only info i can find is.. who to buy the license from (in panas jungle) and how much it costs.
but he still says "catch more fish and i'll sell you the license..."

i've caught about 40 fish, probably closer to 50 in panas.

the faq here just says "fish around a little in panas"

another site said "you need a certain level" but no clue as to what level.

i forgot my exact level, but i think i recently hit the expert ranks.. so expert and some number i guess.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#2ac_helperPosted 2/21/2013 6:40:27 PM
No one has really been able to determine the exact parameters for unlocking each area, so just fish some more, then go back to him, and then fish some more, rinse and repeat until he will sell you the license.
Sorry, but that's the only answer I can give you.

We do think it has to do with how many fish, what size, maybe how many points you earn, and perhaps how many of the quests you complete while there, but there's really no way to tell.
---
Currently waiting for:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 9th!!)
#3wanderz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:46:49 AM
for the other areas i found sites that said catch either 30 fish or 40 fish in the area then talk to this person and pay xx,xxx points to get the license...
and the numbers seemed to be right on.

but that last one, i know i have more then 40 fish in the area because just counting armored catfish and piranha i have i think it was 38, and i also have a few pacu and at least 10 other various fish from that jungle.. still he says "once you catch more fish..."

i think i might make sure i've caught at least 60 fish in the area then try asking him again.. if he still says "catch more fish" then i'll go elsewhere and try gaining a couple more ranks in other areas and come back to see if that works.
maybe i can at least narrow it down.

thanks for your response tho, i wasn't sure i'd get one on an older not so well known game.
---
i tried being serious once, in 1989.. didn't particularly care for it.. so don't expect it to happen again.
#4wanderz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 7:58:56 AM
ok, confirmed it's not rank..

i was at expert rank 9, talked to him and he said 'catch more fish'

at 62 (give or take 1) fish caught in the area he said 'catch more fish'

i then caught 12 more fish, including three new ones, apapa, peacock bass, and alligator gar (hardest catch so far) and he finally sold me the license.

so it's either 65, 70, or small possibility it's 75 fish in the area, or might also be that you need to catch a certain amount of different types.. i think that put me at 8 types.

i might at some point actually start another file just to see if i can get the exact thing that unlocked it.
---
#5ac_helperPosted 2/24/2013 1:22:45 AM
i might at some point actually start another file just to see if i can get the exact thing that unlocked it.

Good luck on that. Please let me know if you do find the exact thing that unlocked it. I made another file in addition to my main one (to get the other gender's clothing), and did a little research, but never did figure out whether it was the number of fish caught or the number of types of fish.
---
Currently waiting for:
#6magiccube4527Posted 3/7/2013 10:10:50 AM
It's numbers of fish for sure. I made another file and caught almost entirely rays and the Pacar Beach unlocked a couple of days afterward/
#7wanderz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 4:20:56 PM
yes, for the rest of them it is number of fish.. 30 - 50 fish in that area to get the license for the next area.

for the last area, Malam jungle, tho, there is a few topics in other locations that have different theories.

IF it is just based on the number of fish it is a rather high number, at the very least 65.. more likely 70.
---
#8ac_helperPosted 3/9/2013 1:59:53 PM
for the last area, Malam jungle, tho, there is a few topics in other locations that have different theories.

IF it is just based on the number of fish it is a rather high number, at the very least 65.. more likely 70.

It might make sense there would be either a higher number of fish caught needed, or other factors to open the Malam Jungle. In a way, it's the final area of the game (island based) to open, and seems to have the largest amount of fish worth a lot of points. With targets for the large fish, you can make 80k points a day there.
---
Currently waiting for: