I'm making a full guide

#1ac_helperPosted 4/12/2013 9:08:28 AM
Yes, I know the board is dead. But for anyone still occasionally checking here, I'm creating a full guide for Fishing Resort; fish, quests, awards help, tips, etc.

I like Philia's guide, but I don't think she's been back to update since the last time she updated it, and there's a lot of things I found out and would like to share them with others.

As far as the Item Guide is concerned, I just found out (by playing a new character) that it seems each of the six available character types (mom, dad, teen girl, teen boy, little boy, little girl) have a few items only available to them, so will be getting that info in the next week or so to update it.

By the way, if anyone has the name of the title for all S rank fish, could you please share it? It seems that the title is not given until you S rank ALL the fish, including legendaries! Those are the only fish on my main file I need to S rank to be done.
---
Currently waiting for:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 9th!!)
#2Skygor_IIPosted 4/12/2013 9:41:42 AM
Well be sure to double check everything with the Japanese Wiki and the Korean Blog. (Google translate is your friend).

http://www14.atwiki.jp/famif

http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=suggest45&categoryNo=42
---
backloggery.com/skygor
#3ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:40:37 AM
Well be sure to double check everything with the Japanese Wiki and the Korean Blog. (Google translate is your friend).

I refuse to use Google anything. I'll try and see if there's anything else that'll work the same. Thanks for the links though! That will be very helpful.

Oh great. I forgot I don't have the Japanese or Korean language packs installed on this computer. I wonder if I can still get them for Windows XP?
---
Currently waiting for:
#4ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 11:16:59 AM
OK, now have the language packs installed. Microsoft apparently bought Babelfish or something, so am using that. Having fun translating the sites. Thanks again!
---
Currently waiting for:
#5BoostPower2004Posted 4/13/2013 7:44:32 PM
I still check here. I've had this game in my backlog for quite some time, so I've yet to really bust it open and sink my days away with it.

Looking forward to what you got cooking. I hope this doesn't turn out like another guide from a dead board I was stalking that kind of never updated after the first few weeks and might be completely dead now. :X
---
Contacts are in profile. If you message me, please specify who you are first.
#6ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 6:48:06 AM
Looking forward to what you got cooking. I hope this doesn't turn out like another guide from a dead board I was stalking that kind of never updated after the first few weeks and might be completely dead now. :X

No, I aim to keep up with this until I have as much info as I can get. I already have several pages of notes, and am (slowly) typing it out into the guide. I am going a little slower because I need to create 3 more characters from the available ones and play those for awhile, both to get info for the Item Guide update, and to confirm some theories I have about certain awards.

I'm not going to put it up until I have as much info as I can gather by myself (although those Asian language sites were helpful, I like to research things for myself), then will feel comfortable posting it.

So yes, I will follow up with it.
---
Currently waiting for:
#7TheBitBanditPosted 4/19/2013 10:33:51 AM
There's certainly a lot of depth to Fishing Resort and I found a few things in Philia's FAQ that I didn't think were quite right, so I support your efforts to put together a new FAQ.
#8mvwhalleyPosted 4/20/2013 3:21:01 PM
Does anybody know what fish #72 is and where to find it?
#9ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 6:35:36 PM
mvwhalley: fish #72, according to my notes, is the Coelacanth - found in Safir Cave; a password fish only. To release it, use this password:

pghx189hz

One of the archived topics here has all the fish passwords; someone was nice and "found" them for everyone. Here it is:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637335-fishing-resort/61879470

The second post says which fish are released from what password. Tip: if you are going for S ranked fish, it may not be a good idea to release some of them, as they are more common and interfere with "normal" fish (mainly talking about the Sailfish).

By the way, you posted the last in that topic...didn't you get all the passwords then?
---
Currently waiting for:
#10ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:39:48 PM
Update on the guide: I'm still typing it out. It's taking much longer than I thought to do it, because once I type out a whole bunch of it, I find I have a whole lot of questions that I need to play the game for a bit to answer. At times I have to erase a test file and create a new one and play it for a bit to get the answers I've written down questions for.

Plus my notes are quite extensive, and take longer to type out than I thought they would. My main sections to fill out is the Aquarium and the fish/activity/quest checklist, and I am going to do maps of the areas; and I need to add to the Item Guide, and create a checklist for it too. I'll be working on this throughout the weekend and beyond, so don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it, far from it.
---
Currently waiting for: