I'm making a full guide

#21ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 3:16:19 AM
Do you know how to use layers in a painting program? Just load the map screenshot. Add a transparent layer. Then trace the map on the new layer. Viola!

Thanks for the help. :) I figured it out after you posted. (The 21st century equivalent of tracing from a book, and I didn't even think about it.) Paint Shop Pro 8 is proving more useful than I imagined it would!

So I'll try the tracing method, and see what I can do with it.
By far, the hardest map to do will be the trolling routes map, since I'll have to play the game awhile and see what all the routes are. (I only know the main routes, but there seem to be a few others way out there.)

I will likely do another once-through the guide, as it's as done as much it's going to get right now, then submit it, and then update it at a later time with map links after I get those done.

Thanks again for the help, skygor and everyone!
---
Currently waiting for:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (June 9th!!)
#22El_DustinoPosted 5/12/2013 4:58:21 PM
I just want to say that I fully support your mission, and that I am extremely happy to see someone giving this game attention again. :3 I just... I love it so much. ;~;

If you ever need any help, feel free to ask. :3 It HAS been a while though. I will begin checking on this board again.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#23ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 10:20:40 AM
If you ever need any help, feel free to ask. :3 It HAS been a while though. I will begin checking on this board again.

Thanks! At the moment I'm currently editing the guide (which is more time-consuming than I thought it would it would be), and wrestling with PSP to get what I want as far as the maps are concerned. The guide will likely be submitted first, and the maps will come later. (But they WILL be done eventually!)

I estimate another couple of days for the guide (before submission), and an uncertain time frame for the images. For those wanting it all soon: I like quality over quantity. I want to make sure I do this WELL, not just get it done and toss it up, and I won't apologize for that. It will be submitted when I am happy with what I've done, and when it's the best I can make it.
---
Currently waiting for:
#24El_DustinoPosted 5/16/2013 9:52:59 AM
Take as much time as you need. :3 I think if there is one thing this game teaches, it's patience. X3
---
#25ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 1:55:19 AM
My guide was just uploaded, and is ready for review. Not certain when it'll be up, though. Perhaps much later today, or tomorrow. :/
---
Currently waiting for:
#26ac_helper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 12:30:35 PM
Annnddd....drumroll please.....the guide is UP! Please take a look.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/637335-fishing-resort/faqs/67091

Tell me what you think. Did I not add something you wanted to see? Let me know please.
---
Currently waiting for:
#27TheBitBanditPosted 5/22/2013 7:29:32 PM
Excellent work, AC Helper!

I've completed the game (except for getting all S-ranked fish, but I'm not patient enough to try that!) but I had so much fun doing it the first time around that I might try again (in between playing the two Endless Ocean games).
#28El_DustinoPosted 5/23/2013 9:20:08 PM
Man, I need those Endless Ocean games. X3 Thanks for reminding me.

And, I need time to really go through the guide, but so far, it looks pretty good. :3 Thank you for your work.
---
#29TheBitBanditPosted 5/24/2013 6:49:44 PM
The Endless Ocean games are awesome, I love games where you get to explore their world at your own leisure. It's a shame that the treasure hunting was so random and hit and miss in the first Endless Ocean, so much so that I gave up trying to complete my treasure collection because it just wasn't fun swimming back and forth over the same bit of ocean floor...
#30El_DustinoPosted 5/24/2013 7:54:12 PM
Should I get both games, or just 2?

Also, Helper, I read through the whole guide, and I did not see anything wrong. :3 Seemed like a very good guide. A little sparse on details on some of the fish, but I suppose there is not a lot to say on them. One thing I noticed is that there is some info on lures that you missed, since I believe we do know that best lures for the contests right now. I can pull it up tomorrow. :3

Speaking of lures, do you intend to do any more research on them? :3 There are so many... you'd think that each fish would have a specific one just it might like...
---