Boss at the end of Level 3...

#1ToastIsWooshPosted 7/29/2011 9:54:45 AM
I hate his rotten ass guts. Anyone know what to do to him after shooting and jumping are out of the question (Because he ducks underwater whenever you do either)? I tired ramming him into a wall, but it's not easy.
---
"Boy, I wish there was someone here to stop me from ****ing all these kids!"
-Burgess
#2ErrorSupplyPosted 7/29/2011 11:51:19 AM
I'm working on that boss as well. Early in the fight you're able to jump on him when he's busy doing that claw attack, which seems to erode his crusty shell, but at that point he begins to avoid the jump attack so perhaps another method of attack will be effective at that point. I'll keep at it and let you know if I find the trick.
#3ToastIsWoosh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 12:00:33 PM
Coolio. And here I thought I was by myself with this. Thanks. :D
---
Thanks for the pic, Eulu. :D
http://i.imgur.com/mw7My.jpg
#4ErrorSupplyPosted 7/29/2011 2:48:35 PM
I finally figured it out! First, as I said before, he is most vulnerable during his first phase when doing his stationary claw attack. Take that opportunity to hop on him, and after a few successful attacks some of his shell will fall off. At this point, try to remain on the ground because jumping will cause him to retreat underwater from where he'll launch 3 tricky to dodge missiles. After remaining on the ground long enough for him to reach the end of his movement cycle, he'll usually pause on the touch screen for a moment before launching a single missile. This pause before launch is your chance to nudge him by his unprotected section into the side. 1 or two such nudges should finish him off.
Good luck!
#5ToastIsWoosh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 3:57:25 PM
Coolio, I'll try this out now. Can't wait to get further in this game, it's freaking fun.
---
Thanks for the pic, Eulu. :D
http://i.imgur.com/mw7My.jpg
#6CaptainStemolPosted 7/30/2011 3:53:15 PM
Wish I could get to that boss. I almost always get killed by the mid-boss in that level.
---
The fact that my story isn't plausible just proves that it's true.
#7ToastIsWoosh(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 9:19:06 PM
That mid-boss was actually my problem mostly. I think it's hard enough to be an end boss since it doesn't let up with bashing you into the wall.
---
"Boy, I wish there was someone here to stop me from ****ing all these kids!"
-Burgess
#8ErrorSupplyPosted 7/31/2011 1:50:02 PM
CaptainStemol posted...
Wish I could get to that boss. I almost always get killed by the mid-boss in that level.

Wait til you get to the next stage. There's wind blowing you around, two mini-bosses and a pretty tough main boss. It's HARD.