Pre-Order, What a risk.

#1ManOfChapPosted 2/29/2012 1:16:23 PM
If you pre-order you get a kill hilter level. sounds awesome except 505 games have only really made awful games.
---
PSN: The_Chadwick
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Skyrim
#2SDFan18Posted 3/1/2012 6:45:15 AM
505 is publishing, Rebellion are the developers. They kind of have a hit and miss record with some games, but the first Sniper Elite was one of the awesome ones and I'd expect nothing less from this one.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#3sfcalimariPosted 3/1/2012 12:00:32 PM
Yeah, 505 doesn't have much to do with making the game, they are distributing it. Plus Rebellion is self-publishing the pc version.

If you have a somewhat decent gaming pc I'd recommend getting the pc version of Sniper Elite to check it out, it's $9.99 on steam and goes on sale now and then, I got it for $5 a couple years ago. The mouse and keyboard controls aren't great for movement though it does help with sniping accuracy.

I have no idea if this new game will be good, it looks like they're working hard to make it realistic but I'm iffy on some stuff like the way you can mark targets or all the x-ray slo-mo shots. The first SE was a classic but really rough around the edges and Rebellion definitely has a hit or miss record with games. The first game's online team deathmatch was the best I've seen in a game but needed more well-designed levels and more team-making options, but it sounds like they're trying to mess with the multiplayer system to make it more competitive, which could be a bad sign. They said they didn't want it to be 8 guys lying around trying to pretend to be bushes, but that never really happened in the first game, there were few hiding spots like that and if you kept looking sooner or later you'd spy a target....all that waiting and watching was the best part of multiplayer in the 1st game.
---
things that work interest us less than things that don't.
--Adam Gopnik