Are we to believe WW2 military vehicles had explosive tanks mounted on the front

#1IminyourclosetPosted 3/27/2012 8:29:49 AM(edited)
In the kill montages I've watched, both the trucks and the jeeps with the small turrets on top had fuel tanks on the grill at the front, which was shot once, causing the whole vehicle and everything around it to be destroyed. And they weren't small either, so if they were ever deployed into battle, a moderately lucky shot from any soldier would blow it up. Even the tank had a big red box on the top that destroyed the tank when he shot it.

So we can kill anything in one shot with a rifle? I was expecting a good degree of challenge and tactics, as well as limitation, but from what I've seen we can go in guns blazing if we want and survive a dozen shots, and while sniping we can apparently destroy even a god damn tank with one (not even difficult) shot.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2Hellraiser555Posted 3/28/2012 1:10:06 AM
I take it that you didn't play the first one. It was the same in that one. Advice: don't take out the tank or jeep. Just find another way around.
---
Give them nothing, but take from them; everything!
PSN ID - Hellraiser555
#3System4EverPosted 3/28/2012 5:53:13 AM

Why cant people just enjoy games anymore?

#4The_Split_LickrPosted 4/1/2012 9:02:58 PM
System4Ever posted...

Because people these days just like to gripe in the hopes that they'll get their way or get something for free. Occupy Wall Street is a prime example of this.
---
"I binge drank and fornicated my whole life". Yes, it's going on my tombstone.
PSN: The_Split_Licker
#5Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 10:06:00 AM
I was hoping for something more complex that 'shoot this glowing red weak point to kill the boss'. I was hoping our sniper would be limited to infantry and shooting through windshields of vehicles, and he would have to rely on planting charges to deal with tanks, but apparently we can blow up tanks in one shot with a rifle.

I know I could pretend the big fuel tank isn't there, but it's not the same. Maybe on harder difficulties it won't be there.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#6PhaildPosted 4/2/2012 10:42:28 AM
I was hoping for something more complex that 'shoot this glowing red weak point to kill the boss'. I was hoping our sniper would be limited to infantry and shooting through windshields of vehicles, and he would have to rely on planting charges to deal with tanks, but apparently we can blow up tanks in one shot with a rifle.

I know I could pretend the big fuel tank isn't there, but it's not the same. Maybe on harder difficulties it won't be there.

As far as I know, the gameplay will be very similar to the original Sniper Elite. Even in that you could destroy tanks by hitting their fuel tank.

However the target was pretty small and tanks themselves very, very deadly. If you were spotted by one of them, you were practically dead as there was nowhere to run.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
On you feet, come with me. We are soldiers, stand or die
#7SDFan18Posted 4/2/2012 11:24:29 PM
Put the game on the hardest difficulty and go in guns blazing, I guarntee you'll find yourself dead very quickly. All the videos you've seen have been on easy/normal difficulty, hence the guy taking quite a few shots and having the aim assist marker. All of that is gone on hard or Sniper Elite difficulty. It's unrealistic taking a tank out with a single bullet but this is a video game, and one not that adept to realism.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#8BeefBonesPosted 4/2/2012 11:44:10 PM
There were only a couple missions in the first game that let you destroy tanks with the rifle. The others had to be taken out with the bazookas.

Just because one part of the game has this happen in it doesn't mean that every vehicle you see is going to be "shoot here to kill".

I myself am going to have tons of fun finding every single way to kill everything, and all of the less obvious sniping areas.
#9phoenix780Posted 4/6/2012 9:55:49 AM(edited)
The_Split_Lickr posted...
System4Ever posted...

Because people these days just like to gripe in the hopes that they'll get their way or get something for free. Occupy Wall Street is a prime example of this.

AMEN... the same people that whined in CoD4 turned modern shooters into identical clones; besides killing CoD as a franchise......

same people that complain about variety and we all as players get stuck with garbage "casual" releases.....

To stay on topic though; if you noticed WW2 vehicles in general almost always had spare fuel in containers that were exposed...look up some photos or ask ole' grandaddy how they rolled back in the day! Regardless, it creates an exciting backdrop for that one man, one gun motif that made the original so exciting....
---
It's the classic "Tortoise and the Hare" story where the Hare is the 360, the Tortoise is the PS3, and Nintendo is the cheetah!?!
#10C0rupted_MindzPosted 4/6/2012 10:57:58 AM
You do know that a majority of those vehicles had barrels of fuel for reserves and emergencies right?
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/doodlepicture9j.png/
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/cf44f