A friendly topic for veterans and newcomers alike.

#1EXILEDxOUTCASTPosted 4/11/2012 9:46:31 PM
Hi all. Ive been perusing this board for a few days now, and Ive played the demo. Now Id like to find some answers to a few questions I have. So if anybody can help, Id much appreciate it.

Is it known whether the demo is the games tutorial level? I certainly hope so, because it felt too restrained and forced. Why am I forced to light these guys up in the street? Why cant I sneak around? I played the first game and I do remember some levels being more open than others. But I dont remember it forcing me, at any point, to reveal myself by firing my gun unless it was an objective. I remember there always being a way to sneak around and snap necks. Am I just remembering this wrong?

Also, how many levels will be in the game?

I like the demo. Played it all night last night. But if the entire game is linear like the demo, this one is a no-go for me. Ill be down for playing it, but my co-op partner probably wont be.
#2Copyright2011Posted 4/17/2012 7:19:45 AM
Pretty much expect it to be like the first game. It tells you how many levels it will have at the end of the demo. I think it said 11. I dont remember ever sneaking around killing people snapping necks. I always went for the bullet cam so i dont know if they have that. Probably gonna have some linear levels and some that arent
---
PSN: Copyright2008
#3kitsune2222Posted 4/17/2012 7:55:55 AM
I heard that the level in the demo is mission 2. And that the game will open up to some degree later on.
Note these are just what I've heard through rumors and such.
#4AhaymanPosted 4/17/2012 1:40:35 PM
As the previous posters have said, rumor has it (or it may be confirmed, I don't know) that the demo is the second mission in the game. I'm with you though. It was WAAAAAY too linear, compared to the first game. Some have said they purposely closed off the level to account for the demos file size. I find that unlikely but it would be nice if it were true. I'm going to wait to see what the full game's levels are like before even considering a purchase.
#5kitsune2222Posted 4/17/2012 4:53:21 PM
Ahayman posted...
I'm going to wait to see what the full game's levels are like before even considering a purchase.

You and your sceptisism ;)
I know that you're a big fan of the original. But to me this game feels like something diffrent than other games of today. The ballistic physics would be enough to scare CoD-12 year olds away, and a no scope 360 is not doable in this game. (thats a relief lol)
The bullet time camera seems very innovative (that was present in the original, I know).

And the fact that the game ran smoothly on ps3 impressed me. Most multiformat games have been horrible on the ps3. It makes me realize, they must've put some great effort in making this game.

I love being a sniper in video games. And I pressume you do as well.
And games thats 100% sniping and stealth are very rare.
So to encourage developers to make more games like these, its best to buy it. And hopefully we will see more stealth/sniping games like these in the future, with many improvements :)
#6EXILEDxOUTCAST(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 11:10:51 PM
As Ive read on a few other threads, Id like to believe that the demo level itself had a lot removed from it, such as the empty machine gun nest. Perhaps they dumbed down the level to highlight the new bulletcam? I dont know, but Im definitely getting two copies of this game, as my co-op partner is fired up about it like I am.
#7phoenix780Posted 4/19/2012 6:30:45 AM
whatever the reason....this title deserves praise for being true to the original! Like AP stated...this is not for the COD / No-scope garbage out there.

This game HAS and always WILL be for the hardcore sniper. the bullet physics and wind factors are a constant reminder of skill as the demo has already previewed the fight or flight mechanic of sniping.

What more can you ask for....the stealth has been tweaked, graphics are gorgeous over the original, physics are more realistic than CoD (none), and BF3 (they tried but patched to the whiners)!
---
It's the classic "Tortoise and the Hare" story where the Hare is the 360, the Tortoise is the PS3, and Nintendo is the cheetah!?!
#8OmegaShinkaiPosted 4/19/2012 8:50:50 PM

and BF3 (they tried but patched to the whiners)!

That's because DICE doesn't actually pay attention to balancing. If someone says a weapon is broken, they take it completely to the other end of the spectrum, no matter how unreasonable. Just look at the G3 and SCAR-H, Stinger missiles, and tanks. Dear god, the nerf to tank armor is awful.
---
"When Garland knocks you down you're going to ****ing stay down." - __Skye__
#9phoenix780Posted 4/27/2012 5:11:32 PM
That is another reason why i don't play BF3, DICE has aproven track record of patching / nerfing/ and buffing their games to death and the majority of their weapons are still unrealistic....

I have come to the fact that NO developer on cosole can beat CoD4's benchmark! I uderstand that CoD4 has no host migration and lack of variety, but it outclasses anything current out there!

Activision's CoD adds too many gimmicks to the casual crowd that it is not eben a shooter anymore! Countless vids of exploits and glitches that prove how poorly made CoD has become since West / Zampella left IW.

Since then games like Socom 4, Rainbow Six, BFBC 1/2, BF3, Medal of Honor have all failed to even reach the simplicity of what CoD4 was.

I continually play CoD4 from time to time and the game still is crisp, weapons are balanced enough minus (acog M40, M-16 red dot), regardless the maps are the BEST in the series and the competition is still as fierce as if it were 2007!
---
It's the classic "Tortoise and the Hare" story where the Hare is the 360, the Tortoise is the PS3, and Nintendo is the cheetah!?!
#10Mister MassielPosted 4/28/2012 8:20:22 AM
Copyright2011 posted...
Pretty much expect it to be like the first game. It tells you how many levels it will have at the end of the demo. I think it said 11. I dont remember ever sneaking around killing people snapping necks. I always went for the bullet cam so i dont know if they have that. Probably gonna have some linear levels and some that arent

It says "11 environments" at the end of the demo. I'm crossing my fingers that this means 2-3 levels throughout 11 environments = 20+ missions.
---
If other people are going to talk, conversation becomes impossible
James Mcneill Whistler