Just heard some news that I really hope isn't true...

#1boomstik81Posted 4/10/2012 1:21:52 AM

Over on the games facebook page there are a number of posts stating that Rebellion are 'doing there own thing as far as multiplayer is concerned and not going for a TDM/DM mode'.

This right here, if true, has killed my enthusiasm for the game as I had some of my best ever online experiences playing the TDM/DM on the original.

Surely TDM/DM is a no-brainer for this game

Please let this be false as I have waiting very patiently for a sequel to Sniper Elite since the 360 was released.

#2CarpetfluffPosted 4/10/2012 1:31:12 AM
A sniper based multi player mode is difficult to balance. Look at the one in Ghost Warrior - after two minutes everyone abandons their spot and the game turns into a clumsy pistols-only COD match. Maybe they've come up with something more interesting?
#3boomstik81(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 1:34:23 AM

It was perfectly balanced in the original and like I said, one of the best online experiences ever.

It's the same company making this one so I cant see how it would be a challenge to do and do well.

#4boomstik81(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 5:37:14 AM

If this does turn out to be true then all i can hope for is that the dev team at the very least release Deathmatch modes as DLC although i strongly feel this should be part of the game from the get go.

#5SDFan18Posted 4/10/2012 6:54:54 AM(edited)
They'll be putting out a statement regarding this on Thursday, that's when you'll find out for sure whether the game will have dm/tdm or not.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#6DolemiteXPPosted 4/10/2012 1:10:06 PM
If this is true then I'm definitely buying it. All hail coop.
---
PSN id: Kazuya123 Gamertag: Dolemitexp
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage ;_;
#7SDFan18Posted 4/10/2012 2:16:22 PM(edited)
DolemiteXP posted...

There is plenty of co-op, you've got:

Kill Tally - (As waves of enemies storm in players must race against the clock to eliminate as many as possible in order to achieve the highest possible kill count).

Bombing Run - (Gamers must escape a scheduled bombing run but the only getaway vehicle is broken. Before the bombs fall, the area must be searched for parts and fuel while remaining unseen),

Overwatch - (Players combine separate skillsets as a sniper and an operative and work in tandem to take out enemies).

Campaign - (Play through the single-player campaign with a friend).

Note that the game ONLY supports online co-op.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#8PsychoD_BoyPosted 4/10/2012 2:17:41 PM
boomstik81 posted...
It was perfectly balanced in the original and like I said, one of the best online experiences ever.It's the same company making this one so I cant see how it would be a challenge to do and do well.

It doesn't matter how balanced it was, gamers have changed since the first game. You know that there will be idiots running around just like CoD.
---
Its my constitutional right to arm bears.
#9DolemiteXPPosted 4/10/2012 3:19:40 PM
SDFan18 posted...
DolemiteXP posted...

There is plenty of co-op, you've got:

Kill Tally - (As waves of enemies storm in players must race against the clock to eliminate as many as possible in order to achieve the highest possible kill count).

Bombing Run - (Gamers must escape a scheduled bombing run but the only getaway vehicle is broken. Before the bombs fall, the area must be searched for parts and fuel while remaining unseen),

Overwatch - (Players combine separate skillsets as a sniper and an operative and work in tandem to take out enemies).

Campaign - (Play through the single-player campaign with a friend).

Note that the game ONLY supports online co-op.

After playing through the demo about 5 times this is gonna be a day one purchase for me, it's just too much fun!
---
PSN id: Kazuya123 Gamertag: Dolemitexp
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage ;_;
#10tim_pattersonPosted 4/18/2012 12:45:30 PM
boomstik81 posted...
If this does turn out to be true then all i can hope for is that the dev team at the very least release Deathmatch modes as DLC although i strongly feel this should be part of the game from the get go.

I am not buying it until TDM is available.