The demo sucks

#1XisurusXPosted 4/11/2012 7:47:58 PM
Too linear, braindead AI and its just way too easy even when setting all assists off and elite enemies. I also read this from gamerzines, not good....

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/preview-xbox/sniper-elite-v2-previe.html
#2JkoolPosted 4/11/2012 8:22:10 PM
Maybe for you...I love it! It is so much fun seeing those X-Ray kills. It never gets old to me. I have played the demo like 12 times so far!

I can not wait for the game. I was not even excited until I played the demo! Then it sucked me in & I am counting the days....it cant get here fast enough for me!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#3cort12Posted 4/11/2012 8:33:41 PM
So the only bad thing the article says is that it's linear? I was expecting much worse from the way you worded that. Too easy? I call BS. How about you post a video with you playing on the hardest settings and pulling it off without a hitch? Then maybe I'll believe you.
#4CrazymoomooPosted 4/11/2012 9:07:50 PM
Well first of all...its a demo...and it was pretty obvious that they cut alot out. Such as that machine gun nest right across from you when you start..and how do you get there? There are other areas that are completely empty and seem to have no purpose..the radio room..the obvious end with the tank.

I mean..it looks as if 2/3rds of the level were missing. But the demo showed off the most important part...the shooting..and it works so very well. Don't judge a book by its cover..and don't judge a game by its demo.
#5turboreconPosted 4/11/2012 9:09:40 PM
Is that the most intelligent critique you can share with us is that the demo sucks? There really should be an age limit on these boards. Anyway i thought the demo was pretty good, a bit linear, but pretty good.
#6nableetPosted 4/12/2012 12:43:32 AM
turborecon posted...
Is that the most intelligent critique you can share with us is that the demo sucks? There really should be an age limit on these boards. Anyway i thought the demo was pretty good, a bit linear, but pretty good.

So you read the title and assume that's his only critique? And you mention intelligence? Oh dear.

Linear
Brain dead AI
Too easy

Do you disagree with any of those critiques of the demo? If the full game is the same then it will be average at best, but as it is a demo it could be much much better in the retail version.
#7MirkoS77Posted 4/12/2012 1:44:44 AM

Despite some flaws, I'm loving the demo.  Just really hope it's more open-ended in the final game.

#8XisurusX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 4:50:14 AM
turborecon posted...

I provided reasons why I felt the demo sucked. The linear nature of the game (at least this demo) is what really strikes me. How can a stealth based game be so linear and NOT provide options. And yes, even on custom diff with AI set to elite, you can take one shot then barricade yourself in a room and the AI will all just funnel in the same door one after the other to be blown up by trip mines. If they are going to flat out steal so many concepts from Splinter Cell: Conviction, they could at least have stolen the ones where alerted enemies stay put and make the player take action. This is a silly game, dumbed down for the COD generation, the hook is the killcam, not the gameplay.
#9EluxPosted 4/12/2012 5:19:16 AM
The only thing I didn't like is that the enemies know exactly where you are when you shoot.
---
When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.
#10denitonisPosted 4/12/2012 4:54:56 PM
You should play Hitman Blood Money demo.
Luckily I'm a fan of Hitman and knew what to expect but that level (which is literally the tutorial level) really gave a bad impression of the game to come.
Then again Bloodmoney in itself was an unfinished product but still great fun.
---
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.