in demo any way to get around without being spotted by like 20 guys?

#1MtpgamerPosted 4/22/2012 6:18:51 AM
i want to snipe and be sneaky....i took out the first guy in the guardhouse but can't figure out how to sneak around without forcing myself into a firefight with like 10-20 enemies!!!!

great game though.....love the kill cam
---
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost
#2mudelledgePosted 4/22/2012 6:56:26 AM
Think like a sniper ...shoot wait. Crawl some where else and take another shot. I played on elite and was only shot at once and that was because a sniper saw me. Ohhh and when taking a shot, stay to the shadows so the reflection from your scope doesn't give your position..
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#3SparkItUpPosted 4/22/2012 8:59:59 AM(edited)
mudelledge posted...
Think like a sniper ...shoot wait. Crawl some where else and take another shot. I played on elite and was only shot at once and that was because a sniper saw me. Ohhh and when taking a shot, stay to the shadows so the reflection from your scope doesn't give your position..

^ exactly this....if you are patient, there are holes in the patrols and you can either snipe from different locations or sneak through, not to mention you can mask your shot location by timing your shot with the sounds of the environment.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8Ia6vyV5Q&ob=av3n
#4aflawedpeacePosted 4/22/2012 9:30:49 AM
SparkItUp posted...
mudelledge posted...

^ exactly this....if you are patient, there are holes in the patrols and you can either snipe from different locations or sneak through, not to mention you can mask your shot location by timing your shot with the sounds of the environment.

You cannot mask your shots in the demo. I've masked my shots with the whistles, and subsequent explosions of artillery rounds to no avail. The demo forces you into engaging the enemies. Hopefully the final game is not as restrictive.
#5AhaymanPosted 4/22/2012 11:01:52 AM
As the previous poster said, you cannot mask your shots in the demo. It'll be in the full game, but not here. And generally, no, you cannot make it around stealthily like you're thinking. You will ALWAYS alert the patrols no matter what you do. You may be able to take them all out before they pinpoint where you are, but in general, they have eagle eyes. Especially on Sniper Elite difficulty. I've made it through a few times where they weren't sure where I was but there's no way to just sneak by like some people on here claim. You have to kill them all.
#6Wallcrawler8878Posted 4/22/2012 6:43:09 PM
The demo is not meant to showcase multiple strategies for singular objectives. It is meant simply to show us the most important mechanic in the game, that being the shooting.

This is why the level is mostly blocked in, and basicly just a long winding corridor that you play through. The original game had expansive levels that let you approach your mission from several different angles. There will be options for every type of playstyle in the game, from the stealthy assassin, to the kill crazy rifleman.

All the demo is meant to do is provide a taste of what is to come. You get familiar with how the game controls, how shooting works, the killcams, tactical assistance (if you choose to keep it on), and inventory management.

Many players of the demo are reacting to it as if it represents the actual finished product, when the game clearly states during the loading screen that it represents a work in progress, and doesnt reflect the finished product.

If you dont like what youve seen, I recommend against purchasing the game. It is leaps and bounds better than the original, which I admittedly had several gripes wtih.

In short, to keep from getting spotted in the demo, you must kill them before they can zero your position. One shot-One kills, and moving to a new position after every shot helps a great deal with this.
#7aflawedpeacePosted 4/22/2012 9:18:54 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
The demo is not meant to showcase multiple strategies for singular objectives. It is meant simply to show us the most important mechanic in the game, that being the shooting.

Why would the shooting be the most important mechanic in a stealth game? That logic makes no sense, and is ultimately flawed.
#8CrazymoomooPosted 4/22/2012 10:54:33 PM
aflawedpeace posted...

Why would the shooting be the most important mechanic in a stealth game? That logic makes no sense, and is ultimately flawed.

Why would shooting be the most important part of a stealth..sniping...game. The keyword, being sniping..which revolves around one thing..shooting.
#9SparkItUpPosted 4/23/2012 8:08:14 AM(edited)
aflawedpeace posted...
SparkItUp posted...
mudelledge posted...

You cannot mask your shots in the demo. I've masked my shots with the whistles, and subsequent explosions of artillery rounds to no avail. The demo forces you into engaging the enemies. Hopefully the final game is not as restrictive.

yes, you can...I've done it numerous times via explosions...after taking out the LT. that is sleeping and the first sniper with masked shots from explosions....the next group you take out simply find out where you are because of the angle of the shot you are forced to take on members of the patrol and even then it takes them a bit to find you....think about it, if you see a hole on the side of the head of your buddy that just got shot, it isn't hard to figure out what direction the sniper is.

Also keep in mind, you have to be aware that noone is looking in your general direction as well when you fire, be cause they will see the muzzle blast.

the only time they have eagle eyes & awareness is on the harder difficulties...and well that is to make it harder..
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR8Ia6vyV5Q&ob=av3n
#10aflawedpeacePosted 4/23/2012 9:42:57 AM
Crazymoomoo posted...
aflawedpeace posted...

Why would shooting be the most important part of a stealth..sniping...game. The keyword, being sniping..which revolves around one thing..shooting.

I disagree! Without stealth being the central point it's just another third person run and gun shooter with sniper rifles. Stealth should be paramount in this game. The shooting while important should NOT be the most important feature. Snipers rely more on stealth and concealment for survival. Every sniper is an infantrymen, but not every infantrymen is sniper.