Have they said how long this game will be?

#1teirPosted 4/30/2012 10:00:42 AM
Judging by the demo and gameplay videos, I think I'm gonna love this game. But I'm just afraid that it will be too short. Did they say anything about the length of the game yet?
#2CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 10:08:25 AM
Well..I've seen the third mission beaten in around 15 minutes..and there are I think 11 missions..plus the 1 bonus Hitler mission..so it might be your average 4-5 hour shooter. However..many are able to play these missions over and over and over again, I know I've played the demo at least 2 dozen times.

Sniper Elite is just a fun..fun game. Not to mention the co-op will add lots of excitement for the series, my only concern is that they won't do DLC..or if they do it will be PC exclusive or multiplayer only..that would kill it for me.

I know this is stretching it but I would love..love love..to see some kind of flashback DLC, where you play as the sniper..or another in the different theaters of war. One in the Pacific,. hoping islands and claiming airfields..another as a Canadian sniper in France, maybe a British sniper in Africa..and a Russian in the Eastern front. But those are just wet dreams I think.
#3hatchetman187Posted 4/30/2012 10:31:15 AM
I was worried about the length too, if it is only 4-5 hours long it's a no go for me.

I'll just wait to get it used for $20, this game will drop in price pretty quick.
#4MtpgamerPosted 4/30/2012 10:37:06 AM
You are missing the point. The point of Sniper Elite is to be able to replay the missions over and over to get better scores, try different strategies, etc...

It's definitely not for the story.

The game is probably 5-6 hours tops. Then co-op modes as well....but you are supposed to play different levels over...Heck I played the demo like 20 times lol
---
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost
#5hatchetman187Posted 4/30/2012 10:50:53 AM
Mtpgamer posted...
You are missing the point. The point of Sniper Elite is to be able to replay the missions over and over to get better scores, try different strategies, etc...

It's definitely not for the story.

The game is probably 5-6 hours tops. Then co-op modes as well....but you are supposed to play different levels over...Heck I played the demo like 20 times lol

I have a question on co-op

Is the killcam active in co-op and do both people see it?
#6TemkaNYPosted 4/30/2012 11:12:31 AM

"But I think we've had a decent run at it and it's very exciting. I've played the game through. It took me 22 hours. "

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-10-rebellion-desperately-wants-to-make-sniper-elite-3

#7CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 11:19:58 AM
Wish I hadn't read that...it seems as if there will be no further support for consoles..and their sole intention is to support the PC game instead..which is quite sad honestly.
#8SDFan18Posted 4/30/2012 12:09:41 PM
hatchetman187 posted...

I have a question on co-op

Is the killcam active in co-op and do both people see it?

The killcam is active during co-op but it's a quicker stream lined version, you wont be seeing any x-rays. I believe the only person that sees the shot is the one that took it.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#9eldanonPosted 4/30/2012 1:26:55 PM
Yeah I've played the demo at least 12-15 times... probably more. I'm quite sure I'll get a LOT of value out of this game. The shots are just so much fun to pull off!
#10Azure164Posted 5/6/2012 7:42:19 PM
Crazymoomoo posted...
Well..I've seen the third mission beaten in around 15 minutes..and there are I think 11 missions..plus the 1 bonus Hitler mission..so it might be your average 4-5 hour shooter. However..many are able to play these missions over and over and over again, I know I've played the demo at least 2 dozen times.

Sniper Elite is just a fun..fun game. Not to mention the co-op will add lots of excitement for the series, my only concern is that they won't do DLC..or if they do it will be PC exclusive or multiplayer only..that would kill it for me.

I know this is stretching it but I would love..love love..to see some kind of flashback DLC, where you play as the sniper..or another in the different theaters of war. One in the Pacific,. hoping islands and claiming airfields..another as a Canadian sniper in France, maybe a British sniper in Africa..and a Russian in the Eastern front. But those are just wet dreams I think.

Those different themed DLC would be sick! What I would really really REALLY love is a Vietnam theme- having to avoid booby traps and very well hidden snipers, it'd definitely be an interesting challenge!