No competitive multiplayer in a skill-based sniping game

#1ExtraspectrePosted 4/30/2012 4:46:00 PM
Brilliant, pat on the back whoever thought it was unnecessary.

Would probably have bought day 1 if it was there. Demo is fun enough, although the AI seems near omnipotent in it's ability to sense me 400 yards away and prone.
---
"Higgins Von Higgins, your incredible journey ends today!" - Corporal Tyrannis
#2CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 5:13:27 PM
Not every shooter needs to have competitive online shooting. Co-op works just fine in this game, and honestly I have always enjoyed teamwork.

But that's not to say that I don't think its complete bullcrap that competitive multiplayer is on the PC version..but not console. Then again its Rebellion...and can't be much of a surprise that they make stupid mistakes.
#3Extraspectre(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 6:31:30 PM
Crazymoomoo posted...
Not every shooter needs to have competitive online shooting. Co-op works just fine in this game, and honestly I have always enjoyed teamwork.

But that's not to say that I don't think its complete bullcrap that competitive multiplayer is on the PC version..but not console. Then again its Rebellion...and can't be much of a surprise that they make stupid mistakes.

What, seriously? PC is getting VS multi and we aren't!?

**** that, now I'm definitely not picking it up.
---
"Higgins Von Higgins, your incredible journey ends today!" - Corporal Tyrannis
#4CrazymoomooPosted 4/30/2012 6:45:31 PM
Indeed..that almost brought me to not wanting to buy the game. It would be fine if there was no competitive multiplayer at all..but the very fact that its omitted from consoles..for no apparent reason..is pathetic.

Not to mention that I really don't see Rebellion caring about DLC or supporting the game on console..since after all..the DLC will more than likely be competitive multiplayer maps.
#5Flawl3ssCowb0yPosted 5/1/2012 3:09:15 AM
Why do I get the feeling competitive multiplayer will be added as DLC down the line..
---
World War 3 won't be about religion... it will be about consoles - Dantes_Awakenin
#6moreinsanethanandrePosted 5/1/2012 6:15:17 AM
Skill-based? As opposed to what? Is there any game involving shooting that is NOT skill based? Do you have some "luck-based" shooters up your sleeve? Like, you fire a round at someone and the game pauses, a dice rolls on the screen and 1-3 equals a miss and 4-6 equals a hit?
#7Screwnut81Posted 5/1/2012 6:37:01 AM
Good now the COD players will leave the authentic shooters alone. All multiplayer does for me is piss me off because nobody knows how to play them. In this game all you would see is people running around with pistoles and smgs and not actually sniping. So thank you guys for not purchasing the game. The gaming community is getting better everyday with this game.
---
Gamertag: Psalms 62
PSN Tag: FromSaulToPaul
#8PrjcteightPosted 5/1/2012 12:57:02 PM
Skill-based? As opposed to what? Is there any game involving shooting that is NOT skill based? Do you have some "luck-based" shooters up your sleeve? Like, you fire a round at someone and the game pauses, a dice rolls on the screen and 1-3 equals a miss and 4-6 equals a hit?

TF2 has criticals; it's a small chance of doing like double or triple damage.
---
Want to take a step in the right direction?
Ron Paul 2012
#9ServarePosted 5/1/2012 1:04:14 PM
I feel like this would be a boring MP.

*camps* waiting for that head shot

other dude: *camps* where is everyone?

New guy joins: I'll gun run ove...*sniped*

respawns: okay, I'll try this dire*sniped*

rage quit.

First guy: *still camping* dang this sandwich is good.

Co-op all the way.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#10Extraspectre(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 1:32:46 PM(edited)
Lol people pretending like realistic sniping battles wouldn't be awesome. Maybe there would be boring lulls in the pace, I don't care. Competitive mp is an OPTION that you wouldn't have to pick, but it doesn't matter because Reb is denying it to us in favor of the PC anyway.

Indeed..that almost brought me to not wanting to buy the game. It would be fine if there was no competitive multiplayer at all..but the very fact that its omitted from consoles..for no apparent reason..is pathetic.

Not to mention that I really don't see Rebellion caring about DLC or supporting the game on console..since after all..the DLC will more than likely be competitive multiplayer maps.

This isn't the first time Reb has screwed their console buyers. They dropped all support for AvP(Aliens vs Predators) even though they had a (much needed)patch on the table and ready to go.
---
"Higgins Von Higgins, your incredible journey ends today!" - Corporal Tyranni