Gamespot Review - 6/10

#1kieran1307Posted 5/2/2012 3:19:45 AM

Thoughts?

#2Buddy_DacotePosted 5/2/2012 3:56:39 AM
Sounds about right IMO. Lackluster AI kills any real sense of stealth.
#3CarpetfluffPosted 5/2/2012 5:12:47 AM(edited)
On an unbiased level it's probably fair - but if you're one of the people who has played the demo dozens of times and enjoys it every time then you can probably add a point or two for fun factor - something Edge completely factored out when they gave it a 4.
#4Rasko501Posted 5/2/2012 5:45:49 AM
I read the review. I'm disappointed by the negative comments on the AI. I was really impressed by the AI in the original, in 2005, and was hopeful that V2 would have the same clever enemy behaviors.

When I read the expression, "shooting gallery", all kids of negative connotations spring to mind, first of course is the COD approach to SP combat, which is just, to me, so tired and boring.

Anyway, I'm getting the game and still expect to enjoy it.
---
GT - AcquittedArtist
#5moreinsanethanandrePosted 5/2/2012 6:15:11 AM
It's a very biased and bogus review. This has better AI than COD by far and none of the issues they bring up are even present in the demo, let alone the full game. They score this title low because the developers did not pay them. Don't you all understand how sites like Gamespot work by now?
#6CrazymoomooPosted 5/2/2012 6:29:13 AM
Ugh..did anyone watch the video of the guy playing? I mean..honestly..how badly can you suck at a game? If it was the reviewer playing, then I really don't see how he could have given it a good score..because it is rather obvious that he plays like chicken with its head cut off.
#7Mister MassielPosted 5/2/2012 7:21:50 AM
I dunno. I took out the first guy in the demo (archway), and the other enemies exhibited just the type of behavior that I would expect; they took cover and started laying down suppression fire, as other guys darted forward, from cover to cover, heading toward my location. A trusty trip-wire took care of the one who made it through my hail of fire.

If anything, I'd say the fact that your character is a bullet sponge is the only thing that ruins the realism.

I had a $#!-ton of fun playing the demo, though. I can't recall another demo that I've played through more than once, outside of this one (which I've played about 15 times). If that's not a valid reason to put down my cash, I don't know what is.
---
If other people are going to talk, conversation becomes impossible
James Mcneill Whistler
#8mudelledgePosted 5/2/2012 7:39:49 AM
Man I was hoping for a 10..... guess I'm gonna have to cancel my pre order.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#9moreinsanethanandrePosted 5/2/2012 8:06:55 AM
I don't think your character is a bullet sponge on the highest difficulty setting.

And to the guy who's going to cancel your preorder: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You DON'T deserve this game, wait for COD: Black Ops 2, it will be the kind of rehashed crap that you'll just love.
#10mudelledgePosted 5/2/2012 8:11:59 AM
^wow u took me literal....

And COD games suck imo. The first warfare was great but then they just put it out on the street corner to make money.

And I'm actually waiting to get my copy good sir.

Just hate reviews and people who trust in them.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks