anyone made the scope shot?

#1MRLEGIONPosted 5/3/2012 10:29:02 AM
where you shoot the opposing sniper thru his scope. I have yet to do that.
---
gamertag: legioneer
#2ServarePosted 5/3/2012 2:38:26 PM
MRLEGION posted...
where you shoot the opposing sniper thru his scope. I have yet to do that.

Not that it matters, but Mythbusters proved this isn't possible.

But like I said, doesn't really matter.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#3Wallcrawler8878Posted 5/3/2012 4:05:44 PM
History channel proved it was possible in a demonstration using scopes relative to the era.

Modern day scopes have many more lenses and parts inside them than the scopes used back in the day did. Trying to shoot through those caused the bullet to deform and alter course too quickly and ended up crashing into the side of the scope.

WW2, and Vietnam era scopes only had a couple of lenses the bullet needed to pass through. If the shot was on, the impact of the first lens was not going to be enough to alter the course of the bullet. It would travel through, and into the eye/head of the enemy sniper.
#4PsychoD_BoyPosted 5/3/2012 4:31:50 PM
I watched some show on snipers yesterday that talked about the scope shot. The guy tried shooting thru 2 modern scopes with no luck but got the scope that was more accurate to the time period and he did it in the first try.

And I saw that Mythbusters when it first aired so I could be wrong but didn't they claim that scopes haven't changed so a modern scope is the same as the old school scope? I really thought they did better research on that show.
---
What's going on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?
#5waxc3Posted 5/3/2012 5:51:34 PM
There's a sniper right as you have a checkpoint (leaving the tunnel in the third level).
I tried scope shooting the guy over and over. I could get the bullet to go into the scope but it always broke through the side of the scope and never the back lens.
Started to seem like I needed the other sniper to be on the same level as me and not above or below me at all.
---
jab, jab, ->, quick kick, fierce punch.
gamertag - waxc3
#6ServarePosted 5/3/2012 5:57:43 PM
Well, that's cool.
---
Fons sapientiae, verbum Dei.
#7The LiberatorPosted 5/3/2012 7:40:11 PM(edited)
PsychoD_Boy posted...
I watched some show on snipers yesterday that talked about the scope shot. The guy tried shooting thru 2 modern scopes with no luck but got the scope that was more accurate to the time period and he did it in the first try.

And I saw that Mythbusters when it first aired so I could be wrong but didn't they claim that scopes haven't changed so a modern scope is the same as the old school scope? I really thought they did better research on that show.

They re-did the myth on a later episode with period accurate equipment and showed that it was possible.

Edit: Here we go.
http://mythbustersresults.com/episode75
---
http://deathbymeko.deviantart.com/
Just to let you know, I hate each and every one of you.
#8PsychoD_BoyPosted 5/4/2012 9:53:33 AM
The Liberator posted...
PsychoD_Boy posted...

They re-did the myth on a later episode with period accurate equipment and showed that it was possible.

Edit: Here we go.
http://mythbustersresults.com/episode75

Oh ok. Doesn't surprise me they re did it. Their usually pretty good about that.
---
If you take sexual advantage of her you're going to burn in a very special level of hell level reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theater.
#9Josh_ExplosionPosted 5/4/2012 12:52:20 PM
carlos hathcock did it...BOOM!
---
Sacrifice to Gods of old, Bleed them of their lives, Fresh blood on our swords
Gods Of War Arise! (GT:josh explosion)
#10wansanchezPosted 5/4/2012 2:03:24 PM
its a fairly easy shot,if you want the eyeball aswell make sure there firing when you do.and mythbusters revisited that one and confirmed it.
---
"There can be only one"