What's up with enemies just materializing?

#1gamegod13Posted 5/8/2012 5:19:31 AM
I've been playing co-op game modes with a friend (not campaign) and we always run into enemies who just appear out of nowhere.

Like for example, we were playing Kill Tally and an enemy soldier spawned directly on top of him, and one spawned directly in front of me in a room with no other entrance...

Then on Bombing Run, we'd clear out a location, and as soon as we started salvaging people would just appear right in front of us out of thin air.

I mean, what's the deal? Is there some secret formula that determines when, where, and if enemies will just materialize out of thin air?
---
GT: Ginger Gerald
Come, madness awaits.
#2Rasko501Posted 5/8/2012 6:12:55 AM
In addition to advanced V2 tech, the nazis experimented with cloaking technologies that could render german soldiers virtually invisible, but casualty rates from friendly fire skyrocketed, so the program was scrapped (except for some rogue units, which you encounter in SEV2, who continued to utilize the outlawed tech).
---
GT - AcquittedArtist
#3AhaymanPosted 5/8/2012 2:44:38 PM
hahaha
high five to Rasko for best response of the day.
#4mudelledgePosted 5/8/2012 3:05:00 PM
Yea I read it this morning, but work forced me not to have time. it made my day.

And TC its called spawning.....every game pretty much has it.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#5Wallcrawler8878Posted 5/9/2012 7:22:58 PM
I hate spawn triggers. Always have, especially in a campaign. I feel like if there is going to be an enemy patrol down the street, they need to be there when the mission starts. Not let me see an empty street through my binoculars, and then when I move six feet forward, an entire platoon just appears out of nowhere already firing on my position.

In a game where recon is so important, its pretty inexcusable to have such a crappy spawning system. Your binoculars are pretty much worthless. You can scan whatever you want, but the fact of the matter is that you arent going to see any of the enemies until youre in range for the computer to spawn-ambush you. Enemy snipers arent on rooftops or in windows until the enemy has been alerted. They just arent there.

Kill tally and overwatch get pretty nasty in some places. Some deaths I have, I can do nothing but shake my head and look at my tv screen knowing I just got effed over by poor design.
#6losturtlePosted 5/10/2012 2:18:39 AM
mudelledge posted...
Yea I read it this morning, but work forced me not to have time. it made my day.

And TC its called spawning.....every game pretty much has it.

And the good games handle them well. You forgot that one little detail.
#7mudelledgePosted 5/10/2012 9:08:02 AM
Doesn't mess up my enjoyment of the game..and I think it's good...but that's just an opinion , which doesn't matter
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#8nuschler2212Posted 5/10/2012 10:57:01 PM
There's a difference between good spawning and bad spawning.

My movement should never trigger spawning to where I notice it...whether by sight or by logic.

Meaning, I shouldn't see them spawn and they shouldn't magically appear in the middle of a level when they weren't there before.
More topics from this board...
Question about DLC'sflyerzfan19/17 10:40AM