The more I play it...

#1nuschler2212Posted 5/8/2012 2:23:02 PM
...the more I realize this game is just awful.

If it hadn't been for my extreme enjoyment of the first one, and some sort of strange loyalty I feel to it, I would stop playing.

I was lucky enough to get saved in the V2 factory right after alerting everybody to my position.

Now, I'm stuck at the end of this mission in a little room being charged by guards. The Thompson (which shoots a large projectile) is just useless. I'm hitting them in the head, with blood flying out, and it somehow doesnt kill them. The accuracy is horrendous at 10 feet. It takes five plus bullets to put down one guard.

As soon as I eliminate the four guards (after a ton of tries), I leave the area to find just down the hall more guards patrolling. Stupid. Because they wouldn't have come to the firefight. I end up shooting a guy in the head with the Welrod and him turning around and grenading me.

At some point, I even just used the springfield and for some reason headshots (at close range) do nothing. I don't understand that at all.

I find myself (wanting to finish the game) getting annoying, bored, frustrated, and putting it down and having to come back to it later. And thats after only playing for a few minutes.

I'm hoping it gets better but it's not looking promising.
#2WonTontheFatPosted 5/8/2012 2:25:39 PM
I understand what you mean. As I play through it with a friend, I keep thinking that this just isn't as good as Sniper Elite was, much less, better.
#3AhaymanPosted 5/8/2012 2:42:33 PM
I agree on all points. I think everyone who played the first one is beginning to realize how much Rebellion flipped us the bird on this one. They basically ignored the fan-base they already had built and tried to appeal to the BF3 and COD crowd.
There is no way this can compete with those games, so those players will soon tire of it and go back to their old games. And all of the original SE players feel screwed over so we're not interested in it either.
#4mudelledgePosted 5/8/2012 3:11:10 PM
They aren't flipping the bird.....we just have lives and have seen the evolution of gaming since. Then a 2nd Hans videogame designer brings back thier hit 7 years later due to budget issues....yea get over it. We are getting to spoiled and that creates more expectations. Even though some of your points are mute to most. I do agree on half, if not more. But this game is fun for what it is and might honestly get a few more sequels. And you never know those might be goty....just rooting for an underdog though.
---
I don't like anything in the mainstream and they don't like me.~ Bill Hicks
#5nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 3:19:40 PM
mudelledge posted...
They aren't flipping the bird.....we just have lives and have seen the evolution of gaming since. Then a 2nd Hans videogame designer brings back thier hit 7 years later due to budget issues....yea get over it. We are getting to spoiled and that creates more expectations. Even though some of your points are mute to most. I do agree on half, if not more. But this game is fun for what it is and might honestly get a few more sequels. And you never know those might be goty....just rooting for an underdog though.

I have no idea what most of your post means. I'm guessing you mean my points are moot?

Or maybe moo....as in, the opinion of a cow, it doesn't matter???? (Friends - Joey Tribiani).

Anyway.....

Whoever said this game wasn't going to appeal to the CoD or BF crowd was correct.

It's as if they tried to mix CoD with Sniper Elite V1 and this horrible atrocity emerged....like that of a poo that was beneath the toilet paper, but popped up before you flushed.

And as to our remembering it fondly but it being a different time....no. I remember it correctly...I played hours and got a few kills and was thoroughly satisfied. I was sneaky and stealthy and sometimes crawled for long periods of time to get a perfect position.

This game is not that by any stretch of the imagination. It's not because it was from a different time....it was because it was better.

I doubt this game (even though it was number 1 last week in the UK) will have a sequel.

Poo...moo.....you're all very welcome.
#6mudelledgePosted 5/8/2012 3:44:45 PM
Little hostile there....and yes moot.....wow were is Tampax...

I wasn't trying to be a ****

I'm just saying videogames have evolved since we last played SE1.....why expect more from some dev that had 1 blockbuster hit, came out through so many changes and software.. and regardles what you think...just the idea of releasing the game, the price is absurd.

And really if you downloaded the demo....in this era of bland a** shooters and feel its going to be the same thing....why attempt to buy it from a lower budget company..its common sense...I'm not gonna buy m&m's because they have a new color coming out.

I for one am proud for rebellion....with limited resources , and a little time they made a game I can be interested in for awhile...and avoid giving into soggy bland first person shooters with propagandists shoving the product consumption in my face while drinking various sodas and watching a crap show on tv.
---
#7mudelledgePosted 5/8/2012 3:50:38 PM
^ wasn't directed to tc also ...just the populace in general
---
#8nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 3:51:09 PM
mudelledge posted...
Little hostile there....and yes moot.....wow were is Tampax...

I wasn't trying to be a ****

I'm just saying videogames have evolved since we last played SE1.....why expect more from some dev that had 1 blockbuster hit, came out through so many changes and software.. and regardles what you think...just the idea of releasing the game, the price is absurd.

And really if you downloaded the demo....in this era of bland a** shooters and feel its going to be the same thing....why attempt to buy it from a lower budget company..its common sense...I'm not gonna buy m&m's because they have a new color coming out.

I for one am proud for rebellion....with limited resources , and a little time they made a game I can be interested in for awhile...and avoid giving into soggy bland first person shooters with propagandists shoving the product consumption in my face while drinking various sodas and watching a crap show on tv.

I didn't read any of that.

I take that back...I stopped at whatever you were trying to say with the tampax. I'm guessing English is your second language.

I'm hoping English is your second language.
#9WonTontheFatPosted 5/8/2012 3:54:22 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
(...a lot of stuff I agree with...)

Gaming companies this generation seem to get away with a lot. Some changes which have come about since the last generation are not better, and in the case of SE V2, we don't have much choice because it's pretty much the only game in town (sniper ghost warrior was a joke). I don't understand why so many players seem instantly ready to forgive game companies for not living up to the previous generation's standards (which may sound funny to some of you). Sure, games look better, may have a few "tweaks" or features which seem pretty cool that weren't available before, but there are so many games (like SE) which, with the exception of graphics, are far better than the current versions.

I don't see a problem at all with someone who paid for a game and expected the company to live up to the standard of the previous game.
#10mudelledgePosted 5/8/2012 4:02:55 PM
Yes English is my second language..I'm still not trying to be a **** so simmer down hombre
---