Gun Modding

#1jak1212Posted 10/12/2011 7:17:39 PM
Who thinks being able to mod their weapons would be a good idea. Now I don't mean modding as in physically altering the stats I mean modding as an in game system. Say I have a rifle but it's not scoped so I can get scope parts then go to a shop/workbench and mod on a scope.

I can't really think of anything other than a scope that would be useful though...
---
PSN: HeavensArmy0f_1
Gamertag: HeavensArm0f 1
#2kaonousPosted 10/12/2011 8:30:46 PM
maybe it could be a good idea. only if you tweak it a little. like add a scope as you said. or maybe you could upgrade a x2 corrosive weapon to x3 corrosive. but if you can add too much to it, that would defeat the purpose of gun farming, which is half the fun of this game. also, it might be a good idea to be able to change the level requirement of the gun. use eridium to up the level requirement and the stats will go up as the level goes up. that way, if you found an uber rare gun at level 16 you wouldn't need to find another one. you would just need enough eridium to upgrade it 40 or so levels
#3gamezrochardPosted 10/15/2011 1:16:52 AM
You mean like FO: New Vegas?

No, horrible idea. Being able to edit your guns destroys the ENTIRE point of this game. Everyone and everything drops loot of all shaped and sizes, and you're supposed to pick it up.

I say nay.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#4Project_KidPosted 10/15/2011 10:34:55 AM
gamezrochard posted...
You mean like FO: New Vegas?

No, horrible idea. Being able to edit your guns destroys the ENTIRE point of this game. Everyone and everything drops loot of all shaped and sizes, and you're supposed to pick it up.

I say nay.

Not if you modify our weapons with LOOT OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES.

Did you even think on this idea for more than 2 seconds?
---
Being bored...one day at a time.
#5xGenocidestPosted 10/16/2011 4:17:46 AM
They already have the gun stock/barrel and all kinds of stuff that would make it easy to create your own weapons. You'd probably have some Skeeter type character strip your weapons for a certain part (But being a Skeeter type character he f***s it up and you dont get the other parts). Should also only be the same Weapons Manufacturer for mixing and matching parts.