Game won't recognize my save file.

#1PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 9/26/2012 9:05:55 PM
It only gives the option for "New Game" and on the right hand side it says my GT and lvl1.

I checked the HD to see if my save was still there, and it is. I restarted the system, and tried playing the game while connected to live and not and that didn't work.

I brought the game over my friends house yesterday for some splitscreen and we used his hard drive, he was player 1 and I signed into my GT on his HD (I have my profile DLed on his because we play couch co op a lot in a bunch of different games). I created a new character too and we played until level 10. This is the only possible reason I could see for this happening, but either way it's BS and shouldn't happen. We used to do this crap all the time in BL1.

Anyway, this topic is a warning/plea for help. Anyone know of a workaround? Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm going to try copying my save to a memory stick and running it off that to see if it works.

If I can't figure this out expect some mass bumpage.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#2PPPPLAASSUMA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 9:06:59 PM
Memory stick didn't work either. WTF.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#3DranaxscasPosted 9/26/2012 9:08:53 PM
I'm reallllllllly tired so I apologize in advance to not only TC, but any future posters if anything I'm about to type is really goddamn stupid.. but.. you could always try copying your save file to a USB, pulling it off with Modio, then re-injecting the save onto the drive and under your profile. I can't really use my brain enough at the moment to think about the details of what you said you did, so... that's my only offered solution at the moment. Yeah.. sorry.. lol.
#4FadeToReckoningPosted 9/26/2012 9:13:18 PM
Ok, I will help you out here.

Go to Google, type in Xbox 360 Horizon. Download the Xbox 360 Horizon app. Go to Google. Once you get it downloaded and installed go to Youtube, type in Horizon Borderlands 1 save tutorial. Numerous tutorial videos will pop up showing how to Rehash and Resign save files to your Xbox.

You will need an USB Memory stick, and 1 save from BL2. Just make a character and save and quit, then put that save on your USB stick.

Follow the instructions in the video, even though it's the first game, they will show the directions to rehash your file back to your system.

Basically when you saved on your buddies system for some reason it uses his ID now, his System ID, not yours, which can happen if you move your saves via USB.

Doing this will work.
#5FadeToReckoningPosted 9/26/2012 9:14:53 PM
Dranaxscas posted...
I'm reallllllllly tired so I apologize in advance to not only TC, but any future posters if anything I'm about to type is really goddamn stupid.. but.. you could always try copying your save file to a USB, pulling it off with Modio, then re-injecting the save onto the drive and under your profile. I can't really use my brain enough at the moment to think about the details of what you said you did, so... that's my only offered solution at the moment. Yeah.. sorry.. lol.

beat me to it lol, didn't see your post.

Modio or Horizon works. I'm currently trying to get Modio or Horizon up and running on my laptop here and it is being fussy. .Net Framework issues, it's annoying. I just don't have my PC up and running at the moment and I need to use Modio for Fallout 3 for a friend.
#6DranaxscasPosted 9/26/2012 9:14:57 PM
FadeToReckoning posted...
Ok, I will help you out here.

Go to Google, type in Xbox 360 Horizon. Download the Xbox 360 Horizon app. Go to Google. Once you get it downloaded and installed go to Youtube, type in Horizon Borderlands 1 save tutorial. Numerous tutorial videos will pop up showing how to Rehash and Resign save files to your Xbox.

You will need an USB Memory stick, and 1 save from BL2. Just make a character and save and quit, then put that save on your USB stick.

Follow the instructions in the video, even though it's the first game, they will show the directions to rehash your file back to your system.

Basically when you saved on your buddies system for some reason it uses his ID now, his System ID, not yours, which can happen if you move your saves via USB.

Doing this will work.

No reason to, but I'm gonna anyway. Thanks for elaborating because I'm pretty sure what I had said would sound like gibberish to many people.
#7TheLastKroganPosted 9/26/2012 9:17:38 PM
Yes. This happened to my brother, and my friend. Both got deleted and both couldn't get them back. Putting it bluntly, you're screwed. I'm sorry but its true. The best you can do is use Modio to mod your save file, and hope you find one as close to your old one. I'm not an expert on this subject, I can't help you with Modio. But my understanding is that it is a fairly trusted an popular program, and a quick Google search should answer and questions you might have. Again, sorry. Gearbox needs to find a way to fix this.
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#8DranaxscasPosted 9/26/2012 9:19:52 PM
TheLastKrogan posted...
Yes. This happened to my brother, and my friend. Both got deleted and both couldn't get them back. Putting it bluntly, you're screwed. I'm sorry but its true. The best you can do is use Modio to mod your save file, and hope you find one as close to your old one. I'm not an expert on this subject, I can't help you with Modio. But my understanding is that it is a fairly trusted an popular program, and a quick Google search should answer and questions you might have. Again, sorry. Gearbox needs to find a way to fix this.

You don't have to "mod your save file" with modio. And likely, not screwed. Follow the above instructions for rehashing.
#9PPPPLAASSUMA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 9:20:52 PM
Thank you all very much for the quick replies. This was really pissing me off. I got Modio alread fromt he first poster trying to help, I'm about to try and figure this out.

I'll post again in a bit.

And thanks again, I would not have known what to do otherwise.
---
#10DranaxscasPosted 9/26/2012 9:21:43 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Thank you all very much for the quick replies. This was really pissing me off. I got Modio alread fromt he first poster trying to help, I'm about to try and figure this out.

I'll post again in a bit.

And thanks again, I would not have known what to do otherwise.

No problem! If you run into any issues or are unsure of what to do, post again. I know I'll be around a little longer, and I can't speak for FadeToReckoning, but I have a feeling if they see you needing help with it they'll do their best to help you out too.