Is there a trick to making Ultimate Badass Varkids evolve?

#1amitydrivePosted 9/28/2012 3:19:18 PM
Cause me and a friend have been trying for like 20 minutes now, and it won't go pass ultimate badass.
#2KidHeartBreakPosted 9/28/2012 3:33:48 PM
I notice that Varkid evolve when they are injured and then brought amongst other varkid. My theory is that when a varkid is evolving it must be aware that it is vulnerable in that state. Therefore it will only evolve when it thinks it's safe. Only problem is that it won't evolve alone with you watching it unless it's a last resort thing.

I've been playing this little game that I call "Varkid herding" where you simply herd the Varkid from one location to another. Which can be difficult since they will only follow you so much. You'll need also need a low level to constantly provoke them, the low level should purposely die as well to keep the Varkids active.caustic Caverns is the best place to do this IMO. Now you've got me wanting to evolve an Ultimate Badass Varkid. I've been trying with my friends with no luck yet.
---
GT: Major So Lucky
#3lovelesskPosted 9/28/2012 3:34:38 PM
Set it on fire in a herd.

The side mission walks you through step by step on how to get them to evolve.
---
Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]
#4amitydrive(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2012 3:37:15 PM
Hmm that sounds about right. I noticed that they evolve more when there's a big group. Me and my friend were trying it at the farmhouse in tundra express, since there are lots of spawns there, and you can hide in the barn.
#5infinitexxPosted 9/28/2012 3:40:57 PM
lovelessk posted...
Set it on fire in a herd.

The side mission walks you through step by step on how to get them to evolve.

That doesn't really work for Vermivorous, seems pretty random whether or not one will decide to take that last step.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6velvet_hammerPosted 9/28/2012 3:44:38 PM
you have to get it to kill threshers.. verminous means worm killer.. terra is a worm btw :)

get it to kill threshers then run for your life, you will need it
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#7Phoenixmon2Posted 9/28/2012 3:48:50 PM
Holy ****, you can get it up to Ultimate Badass?

I've only seen SUPER Badass Goliaths.
#8MoxRavagerPosted 9/28/2012 3:52:27 PM
Injuring a Varkid does not make it evolve. If it doesn't evolve after a minute absolutely nothing you can do will make it evolve. It's completely random.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#9LoMNOMNOMDeerPosted 9/28/2012 3:54:40 PM(edited)
MoxRavager posted...
Injuring a Varkid does not make it evolve. If it doesn't evolve after a minute absolutely nothing you can do will make it evolve. It's completely random.

Yes it does. It has been said a million times by the developers leading up to launch.
---
Not the dark green, the iridescent green.
Even Christ said "Christ, he flows quite nicely"
#10velvet_hammerPosted 9/28/2012 4:05:16 PM(edited)
Phoenixmon2 posted...
Holy ****, you can get it up to Ultimate Badass?

I've only seen SUPER Badass Goliaths.

yes and its crazy but wait till you see verminous the invincible.. also you havent seen God-Liath yet?? It goes higher! at level 50 there level 54 a skull to you
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning