Frost/Ice/Snow Ammunition?

#1ultradude2345Posted 8/11/2011 8:30:43 PM
Ammo that would freeze enemies and make them extremely susceptible to shattering.All subsequent attacks would also deal bonus damage to frozen enemiesShielded/Very large enemies are slowed temporarily with a light blue hueFrost Rain grenades would have a blizzard effectFrost emblem would be a snowflakeBeing hit with Frost ammo will make the corners of the screen "freeze" and the player will be slowedSubsequent fire attacks do even more damage to frozen enemies
#2GimarkPosted 8/11/2011 9:48:29 PM
Spaces and periods are you're friend but back on topic that's a good idea.
---
How are you relevant you are just words on my computer screen.
#3GaluptisPosted 8/11/2011 10:20:28 PM
The guy with the run-on sentence posted...

I agree.
---
poopy trip
#4OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 8/11/2011 10:25:56 PM
It sounds like a good idea at first, but I would be annoyed to no ****ing end if every time I got shot by those guns I got freeze-stunned, or even if it was a rare occurrence. But that's just me.

However, in a game where running around, shooting enemies to kill and trying to dodge that next volley are all key to survival, I wouldn't like being made a sitting duck by something I have no control over, especially when the same thing that made me an extremely easy target also makes me that much easier to kill.
---
GHOULS! ATACK THE CHURCH!
CRUSH! THE HOLY PRIEST!
#5GimarkPosted 8/12/2011 6:19:07 PM
If i remember correctly elemental effects didn't affect players in the first one. So I don't think they'll change that in the second.
---
How are you relevant you are just words on my computer screen.
#6Phoenixmon2Posted 8/12/2011 7:18:40 PM
It should make your aim really suck

like you're shivering

cuz it's cold
#7OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 8/12/2011 7:53:51 PM
Gimark posted...
If i remember correctly elemental effects didn't affect players in the first one. So I don't think they'll change that in the second.

You remember correct- they didn't. Shock knocked your shields out quick, and fire and corrosive hit you for DoT, but no real vision or movement impairment.
---
GHOULS! ATACK THE CHURCH!
CRUSH! THE HOLY PRIEST!
#8CStrife07Posted 8/12/2011 9:26:07 PM
Gimark posted...

For someone so nit-picky I'm surprised you didn't use the correct form of "your".

To the OP, when I started playing Borderlands I expected there to be ice elemental weapons and was shocked to find none but I couldn't think of any special effects but stun. I came into this topic with low expectations, so kudos to you for the surprisingly good and creative idea.
#9tDarkNinjatPosted 8/12/2011 10:12:54 PM
I think it would sound better as "cryo" ammo.
---
why is it that if TROLLS are semi-literate that all they seem to be able to do is make random grunts and roars.
#10ultradude2345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 6:03:19 AM

tDarkNinjat posted...
I think it would sound better as "cryo" ammo.
---
why is it that if TROLLS are semi-literate that all they seem to be able to do is make random grunts and roars.

Yes. You are right