The best game of 2012? Possibly.

#1Megabest39Posted 8/17/2011 11:40:38 AM
Borderland 1 is my favorite game of all time. And im a nintendo fan. I'm more exited about this game than Super Mario 3D Land and also Mario kart and that means this game is really high on my "Favorite Game List". So who thinks this game is going to be the best game (from what games is scheduled to be released in 2012)?
---
I hate video games! Oh hey did you play that awesome video game that everybody is talking about?
#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/17/2011 12:35:25 PM(edited)
There are quite a few big contenders already for 2012:
-Borderlands 2
-Mass Effect 3
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
-BioShock: Infinite
-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Those are five early-2012 games that I know off that are big titles, not to mention whatever CoD game comes out, any Assassin's Creed game that might come out, etc. There are a number of games that we know of, and a number that aren't officially announced yet but we know are coming based on trends and common sense, that will still be big contenders.

I'll say this, though: The five I listed are the primary 2012 games I care about at the moment, so BL2 is probably going to be one of my personal best games for 2012. ^__~
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#3DeathMetalPizzaPosted 8/17/2011 1:29:18 PM

Seeing how well the first one did, being a brand new IP, I think the sequel will get a lot more coverage as well as sales. I wouldn't doubt Borderlands 2's GOTY contendership one bit.

#4GujinKamiPosted 8/17/2011 4:15:53 PM

-Borderlands 2
-Mass Effect 3
-Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
-BioShock: Infinite
-Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

-Borderlands 2 will do extremely well, but Duke Nukem Forever might hurt them in terms of the trust they formed with their customers. However, that number is small, and Borderlands 2 may very well be GotY.
-Mass Effect 3 hurt themselves greatly with Dragon Age 2, you can't hide the fact that they didn't do nearly as well with DA2 compared to their other games. ME3 fans though will support that, but with the comparison to ME1+2 being very little, I doubt it'll be much competition.
-Kingdoms of Amalur.....I don't know what that is...
-Bioshock Infinite, I'm hoping will be good, but it looks too much like a rail shooter in some points with so many interactive cutscenes. Looks interesting, but Bioshock 2 wasn't anywhere close to GotY, and with the inability to carry more then 2 weapons in Infinite, I don't know....
-Future Soldier may very well be GotY, if it doesn't get LOLDELAYED hundreds of times before 2013.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/1548s40.jpg
R.I.P. Crapcom 1983-2011
#5davidsworld3Posted 8/17/2011 6:44:36 PM

Actually for Duke Nukem I think it will just ruin future duke games not borderlands, as they put little effort in Duke I hate how they treated me on that stupid piece of crap game, and sold it back weeks ago, but I just got borderlands and love it. 2nd game will also be awesome bt really wish they would make an update to the graphics....kinda gets olild after seeing cartoony deserts for hours.

However I have to say Halo 4 and the remake, mass effect 3 for me personally will win, I'm not a big fan of them after duke but borderlands is still a great game at least...only game I know of that I own from them.

As for Randy....screw him. Guy does't deserve the job.

#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/17/2011 6:58:12 PM
GujinKami posted...
-Borderlands 2 will do extremely well, but Duke Nukem Forever might hurt them in terms of the trust they formed with their customers. However, that number is small, and Borderlands 2 may very well be GotY.

Gearbox didn't do a WHOLE lot of DNF. They tweaked some stuff and added a few things, but it was pretty close to finished when they got it. Plus, I don't think they actually gave a s*** about DNF.

-Mass Effect 3 hurt themselves greatly with Dragon Age 2, you can't hide the fact that they didn't do nearly as well with DA2 compared to their other games. ME3 fans though will support that, but with the comparison to ME1+2 being very little, I doubt it'll be much competition.

DA was a completely different formula from ME, and DA2 went WAY off-base from its formula. ME2 did change some things, but it wasn't THAT different from its original formula. ME3 doesn't seem to be straying too far either.

-Kingdoms of Amalur.....I don't know what that is...

RPG. It is a project from one of the guys behind TES who left BethSoft (can't think of his name at the moment) and R.A. Salvatore, among others. It looks pretty interesting. You should go check it out. You might find it interesting, Gooj.

-Bioshock Infinite, I'm hoping will be good, but it looks too much like a rail shooter in some points with so many interactive cutscenes. Looks interesting, but Bioshock 2 wasn't anywhere close to GotY, and with the inability to carry more then 2 weapons in Infinite, I don't know....

BS2 was developed by a different developer altogether. BS1 and Infinite are Irrational, while BS2 was 2K Marin... >__>

-Future Soldier may very well be GotY, if it doesn't get LOLDELAYED hundreds of times before 2013.

Fair enough on this one. I was annoyed when it got delayed from March/April to October... I was pissed when it got pushed back to 2012... >__>

Also, Dishonored looks pretty awesome so far. :3
---
There are no stupid questions... There are, however, a LOT of stupid people...
(Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub) FEAR MY SPORK!!
#7GujinKamiPosted 8/17/2011 9:55:12 PM
Well regardless, if Borderlands can compete with crap like Modern Warfare 2 that came out that year AND manage to snag the GotY Award, I do have high hopes for this game.

And I might look up that Kingdoms game.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/1548s40.jpg
R.I.P. Crapcom 1983-2011
#8CruorComaPosted 8/18/2011 7:16:12 AM(edited)
Once the regular batch of bodgey Star Wars games for this year is release, LucasArts will probably announce BFIII for 2012. Never know how that will turn out. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if GTAV get's announced soon for late next year too.

Mass Effect 3 and Prototype 2 look pretty good as well.
---
For My Beautiful Dog Sparky;
You Never Lied, You Never Stole, You Never Stabbed Me In the Back. You We're Always There. You Were My Best Friend. I Miss You.
#9Megabest39(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2011 6:14:59 PM
I dont know, bioshock: infinite looks interesting. But personaly I still like Borderlands 2. But I guess we will see what game gets Goty.
---
I hate video games! Oh hey did you play that awesome video game that everybody is talking about?
#10orihalchon dragoonPosted 8/21/2011 1:49:10 PM
Looking forward to this and Bioshock Infinite, but it seems like Infinite will stray from the formula I grew to love (including Rapture, the main reason I played the Bioshock games four times each), so I'm gonna wait for reviews and friends' opinions on that one.

This, however, will basically be Borderlands + as I understand, so there'll be no reason not to buy it since I played through both playthroughs 10 times.
---
you must beat the dead horse till it rides itself to oblivion~ BAMF__