It's a sad time for Atlas and S&S fans

#11MegaBMcBlock(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 12:48:06 PM
kaonous posted...
s&s was known for having the biggest magazines. l heard bandit weapons can have a clip of over 900 (not over 9000). so seeing as they're so cheap to make, and they can beat a weapons manufacturer at their own game, it makes sense that s&s would go out of business. and atlas went out of business because we killed half of them and stole all their guns from the armory :D

No, it doesn't make sense that the bandits would put S&S out of business. If bandits can make guns with 900 round magazines from scavenged parts, then a manufacturer like S&S that has access to much better quality materials should be able to make guns with exponentially higher amount of rounds.
---
Nothing in life makes sense, not even this statement.
#12TheNarwhal325Posted 8/29/2011 6:20:00 PM
MegaBMcBlock posted...
No, it doesn't make sense that the bandits would put S&S out of business. If bandits can make guns with 900 round magazines from scavenged parts, then a manufacturer like S&S that has access to much better quality materials should be able to make guns with exponentially higher amount of rounds.

Keep in mind this is Borderlands, It doesnt need to make sense how the Bandits are creating these weapons. If you look into it too much, you wont enjoy it.
---
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/131/spacenarwhal.jpg - Sczoyd
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3576/narwhalinvasion.jpg - Sczoyd
#13VulgusRuinaPosted 8/29/2011 7:40:02 PM
I am depressed by this. One of my favorite weapons on my hunter is my Orion. It was my main weapon, tied with my volcano. Why in this cruel, cruel world must they get rid of S&S Munitions, Atlas can go into a corner and die. But not S&S.
---
Gamertag: a Quiet Cactus -I main; MK: Subzero-Working on: Nightwolf, Kabal -Goal: Play each character very well.
#14OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 8/29/2011 10:43:35 PM
To everyone exclaiming how sad they are that (x), their favorite gun from Blands 1,

won't be in Blands 2 because the manufacturer is gone-

How can you be sure that the gun would reappear even if the manufacturer still existed ingame? Further, wouldn't you be disappointed at the apparent laziness of the devs for just re-using old guns?
---
Plus, think of it this way - a three-chord song might get you in a girl's pants, but a Spanish guitar sonata will keep the ladies moist all night long.-NotAnOwl
#15kaonousPosted 8/29/2011 11:24:33 PM
@MegaBMcBlock well, if they were capable of making these weapons, then why didn't they?
#16MattheauPosted 8/30/2011 2:50:11 AM
Is there going to be another gun developer that makes the best guns?

Hyperion most likely. Hyperion guns had no actual weak points and were bumped up in most of the key areas. Atlas was bumped up a little higher, but otherwise that was the only advantage they had over Hyperion. That's not even a huge deal when you factor in most of the higher end Atlas weren't that great beyond better than average stats. Most of their weapon effects were kind of lousy.

Except that larger magazines have never been a straight upgrade. In Borderlands, the average S&S gun is pretty awful. The Orion isn't good because S&S weapons are good, it's one of those weapons that were fairly overpowered already. In Borderlands 2, it's already been stated that larger magazines cause much longer reload times. It really does make a lot of sense that Bandits would be the ones that think "more bullets = better gun." The other gun manufacturers, on the other hand, are assuming use by someone that can aim, so larger weapon clips aren't as necessary.

Just having "better materials" doesn't even mean anything. That's a vague claim that is never actually justified by anything, but your own self admittedly biased assumption. S&S weapons usually spawn with very low stats beyond clip size from my experience, so I don't exactly expect they are actually supposed to be a high quality brand. They are supposed to be a one trick pony, but otherwise they are a worse knock off of Maliwen or Tediore with larger magazines.
#17kronofangPosted 8/30/2011 4:35:09 AM
OnslaughtOfGods posted...
To everyone exclaiming how sad they are that (x), their favorite gun from Blands 1,

won't be in Blands 2 because the manufacturer is gone-

How can you be sure that the gun would reappear even if the manufacturer still existed ingame? Further, wouldn't you be disappointed at the apparent laziness of the devs for just re-using old guns?

i actually agree with this, since didnt they already say in an article(and yes i'll look for it and post later) that they are scrapping all the guns and starting from scratch, so no more hellfire, or anarchy or pestilent defiler, or unforgiven(masher) which yes is sad but honetly im excited to see what else they can come up with this time around
---
Xbox 360 GT: kronofang
"Give me liberty or........ OOOooo..... a jelly donut!" ---- Homer Simpson
#18MegaBMcBlock(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 10:37:43 AM
Just having "better materials" doesn't even mean anything. That's a vague claim that is never actually justified by anything, but your own self admittedly biased assumption. S&S weapons usually spawn with very low stats beyond clip size from my experience, so I don't exactly expect they are actually supposed to be a high quality brand. They are supposed to be a one trick pony, but otherwise they are a worse knock off of Maliwen or Tediore with larger magazines.

S&S guns are suppose to have large clip sizes as well as large tech pools. After all, one of the lines from Marcus's vendors is "The S&S philosophy is: Tech + Ammo Capacity = I win."

I do agree with you on the fact that some S&S weapons are just worse knock offs of Maliwan. However, I prefer S&S guns over Maliwan guns most of the time (Hellfire exception) because I mainly play as the soldier and larger magazines are one of my main preferences.

Moving on though, I have ironically enough thought of a reason that makes sense why the Bandits put S&S out of business. The Bandits attacked S&S and stole their weapons designs. From there, they were ables to make their own makeshift weapons with large magazines.
---
Nothing in life makes sense, not even this statement.
#19scorpio manPosted 8/31/2011 7:03:06 AM
MegaBMcBlock posted...
For those who don't know already, Atlas and S&S weapons are not returning in Borderlands 2. Atlas was put out of business by the vault hunters and S&S was put out of business by the bandits. Atlas weapons not returning makes sense, but why S&S?!? They were my favourite manufacturer!

I think it would have been way better if Torgue replaced Atlas, Tediore replaced Torgue, and Bandit replaced Tediore in terms of manufacturer attributes. Torgue guns would have great stats overall much like Atlas used to have, Tediore guns would have decent stats overall and still keep the ability to explode when thrown at enemies and regenerate in your hands with a fresh clip, and Bandit guns would be the ones tossed out often, much like how many non legendary Tediore guns are tossed out right now. Besides, Bandit weapons don't deserve to have the largest magazines because it's basically saying that other manufacturers can't make large magazines while bandits can make them from scrap parts.

Ughhhh I loved Atlus, I understand they are outta business but come on there still has to be some guns in circulation
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#20headscar918Posted 8/31/2011 8:18:44 PM
I'm gonna miss my Patton...

Until I get a new pearly revolver.
---
Succumb to Silence.