Rotating Barreled Guns

#1PhoerexigonPosted 9/21/2011 2:24:29 PM
So in the 14 Min vid in the other topic you see a Tri-Barreled gun and he says that its only a Tri. Obviously that means there will be a full 6 Barreled Gat but sense this is Borderlands, do you think they will go nuts and we will see more than 6 Barrels? What about an 8 or 10.... or maybe even 12?

Oh god!
---
That's fine by me but remember, in the Real World, you're just a whiny B**** with a KeyBoard!
#2Ibanez4570Posted 9/21/2011 2:38:30 PM
I hope your right. The weapons in the first game were pretty unique, but in this game I want to be able to say, "holy crap, my gun just did that!" And a 12 barrel minigun would certainly have that effect
---
Ugh, bullets, my only weakness
#3Phoerexigon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 3:02:56 PM
Duel wielding 2 12 Barreled Gats???

*Mind Gasms*
---
That's fine by me but remember, in the Real World, you're just a whiny B**** with a KeyBoard!
#4GujinKamiPosted 9/21/2011 6:12:51 PM
inb4itsactuallytheweakestweaponandtheonlypositiveaspectisthebarrelfeature
---
~Gujin
I'M STYLAN, DOOD!!!!!
#5MattheauPosted 9/22/2011 2:38:04 AM
Adding more barrels makes a Gatling gun look less impressive, not more impressive. Only one barrel fires at a time, so adding more barrels makes it rotate slower, so instead of getting that high speed wind up, you would get a very slow rotating gun.
#6Breaker BladePosted 9/22/2011 12:05:03 PM
That depends on how quickly the bullets are fired...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEu9LLQpOF8
---
Currently playing: WoW, SC II, LoL, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Currently watching: Twin Peaks, Louie, Breaking Bad
#7samus8792Posted 9/22/2011 12:12:59 PM

Mattheau posted...
Adding more barrels makes a Gatling gun look less impressive, not more impressive. Only one barrel fires at a time, so adding more barrels makes it rotate slower, so instead of getting that high speed wind up, you would get a very slow rotating gun.

we're thinking about if both guns do full rotations in the same period of time, making a 12 barrel fire twice as much as a 6 barrel(since the barrels rotate from the center, they should turn the same speed which means more barrels hitting the firing pin in a full rotation)

#8zetrilxPosted 9/28/2011 7:50:42 PM
you know, it could be that not just one barrel will have bullets sprayed from it..but rather all barrels. in which case, more barrels means far more bullets, yes?
---
awaiting:PSPo2i, Armored Core V
Gamertag:GMLockonStratus
#9AlxanderVIIPosted 10/3/2011 7:25:16 AM
more barrels means far more bullets

lol perfect advert for marcus to spout.

at any rate Im pretty sure miniguns will be effective but very spray, so you'l need to get close. also just realised they might be putting scopes on the minigun, lol sniper minigun.
---
"We know if you've got wood in your hand, you're happy"
Jakobs Co. (*Reserved Stock Shareholder)