Something this game NEEDS.

#21gamezrochardPosted 9/29/2011 2:36:56 AM
Borderlands doesn't NEED this idea. Sure, you'll get the pity factor from gamers because you're..."handicapped", when it comes to playing this game. But I for one love the color system. It's one of those things that make a game unique. What differentiates a CoD game from every other is the small differences it makes between each entry, like how KS's work, or that money system, etc. You want to get rid of something, one of those unique things about Borderlands that makes it different from other shooters. If you really, REALLY, have a problem with it, go play a different game. So learn to deal, or play a different game.
It doesn't even matter anyways. The video of game play showed them still using the color system, with no changes to it. Sure, they can make changes, but for such an insignificant problem people have, that's so rare? Again, you can just find another game if it's such an issue.
---
According to statistics, Gamefaq users miss my point 80% of the time.
"This is me waiting, and this is me waiting on drugs, HURRY THE F*** UP!"
#22FurioPosted 9/29/2011 7:07:31 AM
Whether or not you're color blind though, it is hard to tell the difference between a lot of items. This could be fixed.
#23Breaker BladePosted 9/29/2011 11:13:11 AM
gamezrochard posted...
Borderlands doesn't NEED this idea. Sure, you'll get the pity factor from gamers because you're..."handicapped", when it comes to playing this game. But I for one love the color system. It's one of those things that make a game unique. What differentiates a CoD game from every other is the small differences it makes between each entry, like how KS's work, or that money system, etc. You want to get rid of something, one of those unique things about Borderlands that makes it different from other shooters. If you really, REALLY, have a problem with it, go play a different game. So learn to deal, or play a different game.
It doesn't even matter anyways. The video of game play showed them still using the color system, with no changes to it. Sure, they can make changes, but for such an insignificant problem people have, that's so rare? Again, you can just find another game if it's such an issue.

I'm pretty sure TC put "NEEDS" for the purpose of emphasis, not because the game actually requires such a feature. Despite referencing the two-color system of Sacred, I can't honestly believe that he really meant the current color-coded system should be replaced with that one; instead, it could be supplemental - who knows, they could even make it a gameplay menu option?

The color system of Borderlands doesn't actually make the game difficult to play for colorblind gamers, it's more an ease-of-use concern. Does it make sense to change it from a cost-benefit analysis? Maybe not, but it's still worth consideration.
---
Currently playing: WoW, SC II, LoL, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Currently watching: Twin Peaks, It's Always Sunny, Breaking Bad
#24JonThePenguinPosted 9/29/2011 3:08:17 PM
Much like Valve adding fully customizable controls to Portal 2 (whenever that free DLC we were promised gets here), it's not necessarily a requirement, but it would be a nice gesture of goodwill on Gearbox's part.

It doesn't even have to replace the current system, for those worried about the purity of Borderlands or whatever. It can be a supplemental indicator, or even a menu toggle (if you want rarity represented by symbols instead of colors, choose this).

All in all, it's something I can't imagine taking much effort to program that improves the game's accessibility without harming its nature. I'm all for it.
---
JonthePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion
#25PensatoPosted 10/3/2011 1:09:31 AM
Or you could just look at the gun's stats and chose the good ones. A lot of lower tiered guns tend to be better than higher ones due to the randomness of parts on guns and stuff.