level cap?

#1feliaroPosted 2/29/2012 1:24:11 PM
with all the new info from the trailer I realized it did not introduce a new level cap. Does anyone know what it will be or if it will just be 50 again?
---
florins, glyphs, feathers, pages, etc. i got 'em all
#2zeik56Posted 2/29/2012 1:35:21 PM
50 seems likely, unless they changed how the skill point system works. They can't make it too high or they can't raise it later with DLC.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#3siraven14Posted 2/29/2012 4:19:24 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be 50. Maybe 51, just to have more than the original. Seems like something Gearbox would do.
---
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/Monohman12377/Raven-1.png
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/7975/siraven14bz2.jpg
#4Bowserboy88Posted 2/29/2012 8:16:50 PM
imm sure its comfirmed that there making it 70
---
GT/PSN/Steam/Minecraft: SuperEpicGuy
#5MattheauPosted 3/1/2012 3:26:02 AM
Level cap is pretty meaningless if you don't know how the level progression actually works. Even if the game is set up similarly, level might not have the same meaning.
#6gamezrochardPosted 3/1/2012 2:18:46 PM
Some skills in the level up screen only take one skill point to maximize it's use. Others had 3. 5 to the next levels seems scrapped, so the system is certainly different.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#7DevilazerV1Posted 3/1/2012 11:30:25 PM
50 seems a tad bit too low. There are now 30 skills per character, and you can still invest 5 points per skill. Assuming that you can start adding points to your character at level 5, that leaves 45 points to invest into skills. Well, 44 with the action skill being taken. This means that, at the very most, only up to 9 skills can be maxed out. I know there were quests that gave skill points, but I cannot see more than 4-5 points per playthrough, gathering a total of 8-10 extra skill points. So now we have 52-54 points to add to your character which equates to 10 skill points maxed out out of a potential 30. IF it is 50, I can definitely see Gearbox making it so that you only invest 2-3 points per skill and let a weapon or modifier add points to it. This is likely. However, it would be very interesting for it to be 70 for two reasons. The first and obvious reason is that you are getting more points to invest into more skills. The second is that the first game left us off at 69, and everyone who finished kindergarten math can figure out that 70 comes next. Hmm, I may have over analyzed this a bit, but it's fun to me.
---
Borderlands 2 - September 18th, 2012
#8MattheauPosted 3/2/2012 3:34:31 AM
Definitely over analyzed. Perhaps the big thing you overlooked was that 50 was the original level cap. The level cap wasn't raised until the third DLC came out. There are also only 4 skill SDUs (2 in Moxxi and 2 in Claptrap).

It's not as restrictive as you are making it out to be. The skill points you get solely for going to level 50 is enough to max out almost half the skills. That's still more than most similar systems would let you do.