weapon modding

#1XMrMuffinxPosted 5/12/2012 9:38:13 AM
I hope they can prevent people modding one hit weapons or invincible shield, they take out all the fun in the game, the game is about looting and they always kill everything and it's not exciting with them, it's ok if can use modded weapons in solo or in a private party but not public they would kill the most epic bosses in one hit, just not cool.
#2ssj954vegitoPosted 5/12/2012 10:57:41 AM(edited)
They were probably invented for offline especially when enemies could kill your shields and take your health to zero in about 10 shots in playthrough 2, and you basically had almost nothing you could do when enemies have like 1000% auto-aim accuracy and multiple of them shooting at you. Not to mention when 90% of the equipment they drop is 5x crappier than yours
---
When I grow up I wanna be a Super Saiyan
proud to be a strange EPic:official RI loser club member:official Dolphin-iruka of the Naruto board
#3Gryph-tkPosted 5/12/2012 12:29:30 PM
I played through solo on playthrough 2 no problem, theres no excuse for roving bands of jack wads with one hit guns and infinite shields ruining the online experience.

to TC: Gearbox and 2K have stated that they are going to be taking steps to stop modding all together and cracking down on players who try to get around it.

PS: the term modding in relationship to borderlands is not the traditional modding associated with games like quake and half life, instead it means manipulating save games to get impossibly powerful game breaking weapon.
#4OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 5/12/2012 1:08:24 PM
The only instance I have ever felt like a Borderlands 1 modded weapon or should was allowable for single player was against Crawmerax. Your shields AND health are down to zero in 3-4 hits, some of which are just stupid large blast radius or homing AoE missiles, AND he's got those damn little pets of his, and they take a while to kill too.
---
Even blood freezes in the winds of hell...and I hope it flips some skirts up too!- Brook
#5Epic_McDudePosted 5/12/2012 5:50:11 PM
I dunno man, I think modding is fun.
---
"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to crap on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)
#6Ether_SwordPosted 5/13/2012 8:02:29 AM
I agree with the TC if it's online but if it's single player for the other guy. I don't care how he plays his game lol.

I think for Crawermax, you're suppose to grind a bit before taking him on.
---
GT: Auryas
#7OnslaughtOfGodsPosted 5/13/2012 11:14:42 AM
Ether_Sword posted...
I agree with the TC if it's online but if it's single player for the other guy. I don't care how he plays his game lol.

I think for Crawermax, you're suppose to grind a bit before taking him on.

.....have you ever fought the crawdad? No amount of grinding will make him easier, he gets more difficult as you level up!
---
Even blood freezes in the winds of hell...and I hope it flips some skirts up too!- Brook
#8Four SkullsPosted 5/13/2012 8:26:15 PM
I kinda hoped they would announce that you would be able to mod your own guns in this one. It doesn't seem like it would be so hard to implement since the guns are made out of certain components anyways.
#9CharocksPosted 5/13/2012 10:47:56 PM
My friend turned Craw killing into a science. In an hour he could successfully solo him 9/10 times with no modded weapons or shields.

Now if it were up to me, i'd scan every players inventory when they go online. If the computer deems it "modded" the player's inventory, bank, and money would be wiped on top of a perma-ban.

Some could call it "strong-medicine", I call it taking the initiative.
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow to the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#10Epic_McDudePosted 5/13/2012 10:53:58 PM

My friend turned Craw killing into a science. In an hour he could successfully solo him 9/10 times with no modded weapons or shields.

Now if it were up to me, i'd scan every players inventory when they go online. If the computer deems it "modded" the player's inventory, bank, and money would be wiped on top of a perma-ban.

Some could call it "strong-medicine", I call it taking the initiative.

I call that a Dystopia and being a Nazi.
---
"Being required to learn Java for a Comp Sci MAJOR is like being required to crap on a lawnmower to be an astronaut." -jleemero (Kodewerx)