hacker prevention?

#1kingbongbundyPosted 5/14/2012 12:43:58 PM
i was a big fan of borderlands 1, then people started hacking and modding weapons and that kinda ruined the game for me. finding a really good weapon didnt give ya the same feeling when you are surrounded be people with 1 shot kill superweapons at there disposal

one way to avoid this was by playing with friends, but as the game got older and older less and less people i knew kept playing it, leaving me with less option

has anything been done this time around to make it so people CAN'T mod weapons anymore, or will this be like it's predecessor and get ruined by idiots again?
#2__B__Posted 5/15/2012 8:04:14 AM
I believe gearbox had mentioned something along the lines of trying prevent modders and ramifications for modding but i cant find the link amymore.
Its been awhile since ive read it.
---
GT: Combat 00
#3Necris_666Posted 5/15/2012 5:51:30 PM
I remember them saying they made the filter that stops weapons from having illegal parts even stricter this time around. So there shouldnt be any more superweapons. But as soon as the new willowtree is out you will see tons of "perfect" weapons, with maxed quality/best combinations of parts/etc. Oh and day one there will be tons of max money/skill pointers unless they encrypt/compress the data, in which case they'll show up on day two :P (modding on xbox is just too easy nowdays...)
---
!!Emag Eht Tsol Tsuj Uoy Stnap-Ytrams Snoitalutargnoc!!