So what is it people enjoy about Borderlands?

#11SomboSteelPosted 6/5/2012 8:38:00 PM
Finding new guns is addicting. Good humor throughout the game as well, fun combat and awesome skills to learn. Great multiplayer game, idk so much if you are planning on going solo though.
---
GT: Sombo
#12thesinfuldwarfPosted 6/6/2012 4:47:29 AM
The Loot, the graphics and the humor.
#13MetalgenesisPosted 6/6/2012 6:01:58 AM
Clap traps

/topic
---
Explosions fix everything!!!---Nabeshine
#14finalantisoraPosted 6/6/2012 7:16:40 AM
Loot.
---
Self-Appointed Winston Payne/Ben Woodman of...The hidden board :D
My new and improved MGS montage! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CFP8piMHtI
#15blueyc22Posted 6/6/2012 7:45:31 AM
I tried playing this when it first came out and didn't stick with it. I gave it another shot the other day and now I can't stop playing it.

this is a great question.

Here is why I can't put it down....
First, the pace at which the games gives you something is very rewarding. You constantly get new loot to look over and compare to what you already have, you get experience point for just about everything and level up quickly and get new skills. The game doesn't overwhelm you with a too many missions to choose from all at once, but is constantly unlocking them as you complete others so you feel you have plenty to choose from and don't feel like you are not on a rail (even tho you kinda are)

The game is very balanced, the enemies have levels too, so you need to level yourself up to make it easier to face them.

And its just plain fun squishing things in the vehicles.

My only issue so far is that I am a video game hoarder. I like to pick up and bring with me everything I find and the back pack inventory is way to limited for that.
#16Dragon Nexus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 8:19:56 AM
15 messages in and someone goes in depth about why they, as a player, got hooked in...rather than simply listing features as to why the game's premise is good. Thanks, man.
Not that I'm ungrateful, I am just saying I know what the features of the game were, I just wanted to know what about them was executed in such a way as to pull people back and keep them hooked.

I kinda like the lots-of-little-rewards-frequently style of game. It's like one big christmas stocking. Saints Row 2 had this and I loved it for it, rather than Saints Row 3 giving you bigger rewards less frequently.

I always want to play these games multiplayer, but I'm such an explorer with games, especially open world. I worry that I'm off staring at a vista while everyone else is running miles ahead doing the actual gamey stuff. Same issue Yahtzee had, really.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#17VrindlvinePosted 6/6/2012 10:10:57 AM
I have to disagree with the pacing idea its horrible in B1 im not sure if the loot ratio goes down the more you play the game but I never find anything good these days.
#18superdiddy34Posted 6/6/2012 10:34:59 AM
graphics
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34
#19blueyc22Posted 6/6/2012 10:49:08 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
I have to disagree with the pacing idea its horrible in B1 im not sure if the loot ratio goes down the more you play the game but I never find anything good these days.

How long have you been playing it? If you have been playing it since it came out, then yeah, I can imagine the newness of the loot would dry up!!
#20blueyc22Posted 6/6/2012 10:53:33 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
15 messages in and someone goes in depth about why they, as a player, got hooked in...rather than simply listing features as to why the game's premise is good. Thanks, man.
Not that I'm ungrateful, I am just saying I know what the features of the game were, I just wanted to know what about them was executed in such a way as to pull people back and keep them hooked.

I kinda like the lots-of-little-rewards-frequently style of game. It's like one big christmas stocking. Saints Row 2 had this and I loved it for it, rather than Saints Row 3 giving you bigger rewards less frequently.

I always want to play these games multiplayer, but I'm such an explorer with games, especially open world. I worry that I'm off staring at a vista while everyone else is running miles ahead doing the actual gamey stuff. Same issue Yahtzee had, really.

Yeah, I like lots of little rewards all the time! Funny thing about exploring in this game or should I say excessive exploring....enemies respawn in all areas. So if you linger too long looking around for stuff or just trying to see if you can jump up to the top of that thing it seems you can reach but not really, the enemies will re spawn on you!!!