Gamestop screwed up my order and now I'm without a loot-chest.

#1SAYanythingELSEPosted 6/9/2012 1:20:05 PM
The first day that Gamestop had the Loot Chest edition available, I went to Gamestop and put fifty dollars down. I made sure that it was the $150 version that I was getting and made sure that the clerk had marked that down.
I check online a week later, and find out that they had labeled my pre-order as the $100 version. I went to Gamestop later that week to make sure I had got the pre-order I wanted. I talk to the clerk and he tells me I had pre-ordered the $100 version and I tell him I wanted the $150 version. He then tells me that the Loot Chest edition is sold out.

Indescribable rage. I didn't bother arguing with anyone or even expressing the hatred I have for Gamestop but now I'm Loot-Chest-less.

Anyone else have something similar to this happen to them (Not just with this game)?
---
"There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky-- one sky, one destiny."
#2doreycolePosted 6/9/2012 1:21:45 PM
What does your receipt say?
---
GT: doreycole
NIghtRanger man, Night...Ranger
#3SymphonicGloryPosted 6/9/2012 2:18:05 PM
That really sucks.... The Gamestop near me messed a collector's edition up for me once before. Had pre-ordered the CE and it was on my receipt. But they somehow had me down for the normal game in the system. Didn't know till days before the game came out so I was screwed.

Use Amazon in the future, Gamestop tends to have employees that don't know what they're doing.
#4Zombie_Socks_96Posted 6/9/2012 2:24:24 PM
If you have your receipt (which you should always keep on preorders) then they have to give you a ULCE.
---
Full Sail Game Design Student
Games I Want: Lollipop Chainsaw, Borderlands 2, Bioshock: Infinite, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Gravity Rush
#5SAYanythingELSE(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 2:31:41 PM
My receipt says it's the ULCE. I just figured there was nothing anyone could do now because it's sold out. And from now on, I'm definitely getting my games from somewhere else. I've had far too many bad experiences with Gamestop.

Would it be a wise choice to go talk to their manager to see if I can get some kind of compromise?
---
"There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky-- one sky, one destiny."
#6SymphonicGloryPosted 6/9/2012 2:34:14 PM
SAYanythingELSE posted...
My receipt says it's the ULCE. I just figured there was nothing anyone could do now because it's sold out. And from now on, I'm definitely getting my games from somewhere else. I've had far too many bad experiences with Gamestop.

Would it be a wise choice to go talk to their manager to see if I can get some kind of compromise?

Most certainly, bring the receipt with you and see what you can do. Be assertive, but not rude and maybe you can work something out. Best of luck. Maybe if the manager or one of the employees, especially the one who messed up pre-ordered it, you can talk them into giving it to you.
#7TubbusPosted 6/9/2012 2:36:14 PM
As previously said, if you've got a reciept stating you preordered the ULC edition, you've got proof a purchase, so you're entitled to one. Especially with a deposit.
Speak to the manager, you've got proof you're not lieing.
#8VrindlvinePosted 6/9/2012 2:38:03 PM
Ive only had a problem with one gamestop employee ever and that was just a clashing of personalities. Mostly they seem to know the rules pretty well. At least it seems that way when they hit me over the head with the trade n save and edge card things.
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 6/9/2012 3:12:59 PM(edited)
GameStop has screwed up a lot of stuff for me before, which is why I don't use them very often anymore. I primarily use Amazon. They're reliable, have great customer service, and generally have better deals than GameStop. Most times, I end up getting my stuff for about $5-$10 less than I would at GameStop, if not more, due to pre-order sales, bonuses, credits from other purchases, etc. Also, most big-name releases get the release-date delivery option, which is $0.99, and I've never gotten it late without a really good reason. (I wasn't there to receive the delivery, for example, which is my fault, not Amazon's or UPS's.)
---
If you accept Shepard as your Commander and Savior, add this to your sig. WWSD: What Would Shepard Do?
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
#10Kpt_KapowskiPosted 6/9/2012 3:37:45 PM
i commend tc for not being a casual entitled brat whining cuz mommy didnt do what he wanted.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKVf5feSMEg&feature=related