just a thought about "just a few seconds" skills

#1MetroidHunter13Posted 7/8/2012 6:03:13 PM
i was thinking, playing the first borderlands, the skills that would activate upon killing someone, and last "for a few seconds" i wish they would change some of them to last longer.

like ones that effect running skill, or regen rate, etc.

like liliths intuition (boosts run speed and XP gain for the party) what if they were to change it to last, say, 30 seconds, or 1 minute? make it a little more useful?

some of them should only last the 7-15 seconds, like health and shield regen, or ammo regen.

but others that maybe boost the time for some skills.
---
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed.
Xbox Live GT - Disp0sable13 --- http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2ri13.jpg
#2__B__Posted 7/8/2012 11:54:37 PM
I like them how they are. Forces you to push the limits and kill faster with no breaks. Thats why they give u the buffs for a few seconds. Makes you keep the pace up.
Wouldnt be fun if you could kill someone, run behind a rock, rest, then go back out and still have the buffs.
High risk high reward in a sense.
---
GT: Combat 00
#3MattheauPosted 7/9/2012 2:38:28 AM
Those buffs are pretty much up 100% of the time anyways. Making them last longer is pointless. The game is centered around fighting large groups of mostly weak enemies with a couple heavier ones put in the mix. If you can't kill one every eight or so seconds, you aren't likely to be able to win anyways.
#4TwinmoldPosted 7/9/2012 7:47:44 AM
Lol really? Somebody played Lilith and thought, "you know, this character just isn't strong enough!"
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#5MetroidHunter13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 9:10:27 AM
the only ones i was thinking should have their duration are like i said, ones that boost running speed, or things to that degree.

im playing through borderlands again now, and was just thinking about it. my lilith is in old haven for the first time (crimson lance area) and the enemies are so scattered, that i thought having the run speed boost for 30-60 seconds a go would prove beneficial;

or in the huge wasteland areas of the game if your vehicle gets blown to bits and you have to make a 2 minute dash to the nearest catch a ride station. having a 1 minute long sprint speed increase would help out.

thats just something i was thinking. oftentimes the 7 seconds some of the buffs for things of that nature just dont mean anything.

things that boost health and shield regen, or regen ammo and grenades, 7 seconds is plenty. i dont think those should be changed or else it would totally be overpowered.
---
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, you'll be missed.
Xbox Live GT - Disp0sable13 --- http://i48.tinypic.com/2r2ri13.jpg
#6GigabomberPosted 7/10/2012 11:15:35 AM
The enemies in the first game were not dense enough for those to come in handy in more than half of the battles (boss and bada** battles, most notably), but it looks like this game will have stronger grenades and more dense enemy groups, so I hope they are more useful to make up for the sacrifice against bosses.
#7hauntbotPosted 7/12/2012 8:53:38 AM
Twinmold posted...
Lol really? Somebody played Lilith and thought, "you know, this character just isn't strong enough!"

apparently so. :l
---
HB: official 1337 ninja zer0 of the relax boards
#8hauntbotPosted 7/12/2012 8:54:14 AM
Twinmold posted...

apparently so. :l i like how tc even specified that other characters skills shouldnt be buffed. just lilliths. XD
---
HB: official 1337 ninja zer0 of the relax boards
#9ZarnonElchrisPosted 7/12/2012 9:09:10 AM
If you need Lilith to run faster, phasewalk.