Found a video with Randy stating this....

#1Coop14Posted 7/16/2012 7:34:52 AM
"When people buy our game, I want them to say holy crap, this is worth more then the past 500 dollars ive spent on games"

That was a paraphrase trying to find the video with him stating that but seriously I have NEVER had a game Dev show so much passion.
---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam.
My cousin is David Hasselhoff. Believers: 12
#2GrimHeroPosted 7/16/2012 7:55:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Molyneux
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#3Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 8:01:34 AM
GrimHero posted...

Haha I think EVERYONE knows not to take him seriously after Fable 2
---
Leaves from the vine, falling so slow like fragile tiny shells drifting in the foam.
My cousin is David Hasselhoff. Believers: 12
#4GrimHeroPosted 7/16/2012 8:03:00 AM(edited)
Can't deny his passion though. Just because his vision doesn't come to fruition most of the time doesn't mean he doesn't exude passion for that vision.
---
#5FindmeElseweyrPosted 7/16/2012 8:13:20 AM
Coop14 posted...
GrimHero posted...

Haha I think EVERYONE knows not to take him seriously after Fable 1
#6CapnStankyPosted 7/16/2012 9:02:58 AM
The difference between Peter and Randy is that Randy's actually delivered a quality experience this gen.
---
Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Fez, Trials Evolution, 3DS XL, Diablo 3, Spelunky
#7bdbz81489Posted 7/16/2012 9:15:16 AM
This video interview is on xbox360achievments.com. don't have the link cuz I'm doing this from my phone
---
XBL GT- Krazii K 8812 -Currently playing ESV: Skyrim, MW3, Gears of War 3, Madden 12
PSN- KraziiK8812 (PS3 sucks but yes i do have one)
#8GrimHeroPosted 7/16/2012 12:55:44 PM(edited)
The difference between Peter and Randy is that Randy's actually delivered a quality experience this gen.

I am not debating that either. I would agree in fact. I am just referencing this:

"I have NEVER had a game Dev show so much passion.

Absolutes and whatnot. I simply provided another game developer with an abundance of passion. Whether or not the passion was delivered upon is another story.
---
#9Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/16/2012 1:01:20 PM
CapnStanky posted...

The difference between Peter and Randy is Randy has SHOWN what he boasts about.

Peter talked about a LOT of features that never made it into the game, while everything Randy has talked about we have seen.

How long have you guys spent on Borderlands, and Borderlands is even bigger.

The comment in question though did remind me of when Pete claimed that Fable would be the best RPG ever made.
---
People who rely on Reviews skip games like "Psychonauts." People who ignore reviews buy "Duke Nukem Forever" for $65.
#10CharocksPosted 7/17/2012 12:15:35 AM
While I was recently taking a community college game design course, the teacher had us write down five developers we'd like to meet/work for.

Mine were:

5. Kojima
4. Todd Howard
3. Frank O'Connor
2. Miyamoto
1. Randy Pitchford

Most people actually put Peter Molyneaux while I was the only one who put Randy.

When asked why I said: "PM talks and talks about immersion and depth and comes up with zilch. Randy talks about MILLIONS of different kickass weapons and delivers."
---
XBL GT- A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow to the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)