Modded Guns

#1JakeWeskerPosted 7/18/2012 4:22:05 PM
Do you think there will be modded guns in this sequel? i hate playing with people who have modded guns. :/
---
3DS Friendcode: 5327-1730-0757
#2Red_RosemonPosted 7/18/2012 6:18:29 PM(edited)
Probably. The best course of action would simply be to not use them. Or play with people that do.
---
Red Rosemon: http://oi43.tinypic.com/kxdgp.jpg
You can call me Red.
#3penguinfrommarsPosted 7/18/2012 6:24:11 PM
I certainly hope not. I never played online because of this. I don't understand how anyone could enjoy playing the game with nearly infinite shields and a one shot gun. Boring... Also, it defeats half the point of the game, which s searching for better and better guns.
---
Space Penguins From mars Consume Human flesh. ( It tatses good.)
#4MusuoJoePosted 7/18/2012 7:49:19 PM
Red_Rosemon posted...
Probably. The best course of action would simply be to not use them. Or play with people that do.

This is why I only play with people on my Friends List, never join randoms..
---
The World Is Yours<< *Al Pacino*
#5PathlessBulletPosted 7/19/2012 12:54:47 AM
MusuoJoe posted...
Red_Rosemon posted...

This is why I only play with people on my Friends List, never join randoms..

Which is a flaw within itself. I shouldn't have to be restricted to only playing quality matches of co-op when a group of friends are on.

Gearbox needs to separate online and single player characters OR needs to put in some other form of security to prevent how easy hexing the last game was.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#6Aadrian1234Posted 7/19/2012 12:56:23 AM
Hasn't Gearbox already stated that they are trying to cut down on ways to hack?
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth
Borderlands 2. 9/18/12. Cant wait!
#7hauntbotPosted 7/19/2012 8:35:31 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...

i think "trying" and "cut down" would be the operative terms there.

in other words "we dont condone it, but hackers gonna hack, and we arent going to go out of our way"
---
HB: official trollschach of the relax boards
#8Aadrian1234Posted 7/19/2012 10:01:15 AM
hauntbot posted...
Aadrian1234 posted...

in other words "we dont condone it, but hackers gonna hack, and we arent going to go out of our way"

I say that gearbox releases a molding tool, but as long as your game save has been touched in any way other than through the game, you have to play in separate servers "Just" for modders
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth
Borderlands 2. 9/18/12. Cant wait!
#9Exiled0nePosted 7/23/2012 11:16:16 PM
Aadrian1234 posted...
hauntbot posted...
Aadrian1234 posted...

I say that gearbox releases a molding tool, but as long as your game save has been touched in any way other than through the game, you have to play in separate servers "Just" for modders

That wouldn't work because someone else will make a different mod tool and in order to add the flag that tells the game that your save is modded can always be modded to be turned off...

It's like with Mass Effect where you can turn the flag off that tells the game if you changed the difficulty to stop you from getting the achievements (I think it was Mass Effect that had that)...
#10clown747Posted 7/24/2012 1:40:35 PM
Since modding weapons last game had to do with hacking your save file, perhaps gearbox should set up servers dedicated to only storing gamers' save files. Save information is only loaded into system cache to load the game. in game saves write back to online servers.

Although it will suck when servers go down and you cant play.....