GearBox - Game is finished, why wait to release?

#11DevilazerV1Posted 7/21/2012 7:44:04 PM
Isn't "gold" just the production aspect of it. The bug-testing is right before gold. Unless you are testing the discs..
---
Borderlands 2 - September 18th, 2012
#12Zombie_Socks_96Posted 7/21/2012 9:12:38 PM
I'm personally glad they won't push the release date up. Gives me more time to pay off my ULCE.
---
Full Sail Game Design Student http://kevins16bitmind.blogspot.com/
Games I Want: Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
#13MattheauPosted 7/22/2012 1:26:12 AM
"Development" doesn't mean what you think it means. Gearbox doesn't have magic elves to make all the discs in a single night. Gearbox doesn't have teleportation powers to distribute the game to retailers. Steam, Microsoft, and Sony have approval processes developers need to get through.

scorpio man posted...
Why not sooner in the middle of our yearly no release desert known as summer, where it will sell just as many if not more?

Selling in summer is pretty much a death sentence. That's why games aren't released then.
#14Lost_DjinnPosted 7/22/2012 2:27:48 AM
Mattheau has the right idea
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#15Bob_EsrockPosted 7/22/2012 3:13:19 AM
Lost_Djinn posted...
Mattheau has the right idea
---

---
Lurking since 1999
#16Ext_MePosted 7/22/2012 6:13:11 AM
Game has to be printed into millions of disks then packaged.
Not only that but the finished product must be certified before it can be distributed so Microsoft can confirm that it stands up to their quality standards-- no major bugs or anything like that.

After that, the game must be shipped out to stores.

This takes a few months.
---
I play fighting games. Shooting at stuff is cool too.
GT: H1Z1 Influenza/PSN: Extermin8ted
#17scorpio man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 7:41:06 AM
DevilazerV1 posted...
Isn't "gold" just the production aspect of it. The bug-testing is right before gold. Unless you are testing the discs..

This^, the game is FINISHED 100% DONE
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#18scorpio man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 7:44:10 AM
Ext_Me posted...
Game has to be printed into millions of disks then packaged.
Not only that but the finished product must be certified before it can be distributed so Microsoft can confirm that it stands up to their quality standards-- no major bugs or anything like that.

After that, the game must be shipped out to stores.

This takes a few months.

Are you new to gaming? Countless games have gone gold the month it is to be released and has come out on time, getting the game printed and shipped is childs play.

What do you not understand about the game being 100% done, there IS NOT any more testing or certification to do on Sony or Microsofts part, the game is DONE
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma