am i the only one who thinks the controls should be tightened up?

#1FinixsoftPosted 7/25/2012 8:45:24 PM
They work but you can tell they are pc ported controls. I always use mw as the gold standard for how a shooter should control (not play.) Opinions? Is it something being addressed?
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#2Ninja_GaignunPosted 7/25/2012 9:07:26 PM
The PC version was a console port. There's nothing wrong with the controls though an interview did mention the game felt difforent.
---
Fun Fact: I can play games with normal, inverted, and South Paw controls.
#3GigabomberPosted 7/26/2012 12:03:57 AM
Finixsoft posted...
They work but you can tell they are pc ported controls. I always use mw as the gold standard for how a shooter should control (not play.) Opinions? Is it something being addressed?

Completely agree. I always felt that the right stick/aiming was off and not a very good algorithm, especially when compared to CoD (which I also consider to be the gold standard in FPS controls if nothing else). If I had discovered the gearbox forums sooner, I would have started a thread on it.
#4GigabomberPosted 7/26/2012 12:38:33 AM
Digging around the official forum turned this up on fully remappable buttons for pc and consoles:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=137428

They said they've also added a TON of other options like the ability to toggle ADS. I'm still digging through it, but I hope they have more sensitivity options.
#5Finixsoft(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 12:41:12 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
The PC version was a console port. There's nothing wrong with the controls though an interview did mention the game felt difforent.

You didnt look any of this up did you? You often spout whatever nonsense pops into your head? It takes less then a minute to look up the info. Cant tell if lazy, or.....
---
If you don't feed a troll attention eventually it starves to death. Forgive my spelling. Fat fingers, small phone.
#6VolcanoBoulderPosted 7/26/2012 7:21:22 AM(edited)
Finixsoft posted...
You didnt look any of this up did you? You often spout whatever nonsense pops into your head? It takes less then a minute to look up the info. Cant tell if lazy, or.....

The PC version of BL 1 is a console port, though. A lot of people were complaining rather loudly about that upon release. But the controls did feel much better with a mouse/keyboard setup, provided you disabled smoothing manually.
---
Oh man, I'm so glad I wore my quarantine suit today!
#7viewmaster_piPosted 7/26/2012 7:24:57 AM
I'm alright with the controls, but it definitely feels kinda cumbersome sometimes. Like the whole game was coated with molasses before I put it in my Xbox.
---
This is my super "secret" board. Keep out.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=565572