So if there's an infinite Badarse Points cap.....

#21bluehat94Posted 8/5/2012 7:29:36 AM(edited)
Octotron posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Aadrian1234 posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Why exactly is turning the BA points on and off not a viable argument?

I don't get that either. He complains that BA ranks will make you OP, but Gearbox let's you turn it off, BUT he doesn't want to turn it off. Gearbox wants to please both audiences, but he is selfish enough to want it made just for him. The world doesn't work that way

He seems like he's either a huge troll or a huge dou***, you should have seen his topic earlier today saying that everyone on this board is uncreative in their topic making and therefore disgusts him. I'm not entirely sure if he was serious or not, but i'm leaning towards not, because if everyone on this board disgusts him, why is he still making topics?

Wow. You seriously need to start comprehending semantics. How was my last topic in any way serious? You might want to start using your brain.

Secondly, a whole new feature to this game shouldn't be turned on/off due to it lacking in proper design. It's great that they give the option, but that shouldn't be a 'Get out of jail free card' because they didn't make the system properly.

It's pretty obvious at this point that you haven't even been paying attention to your own topic, because it was just discussed bout how it isn't broken, the system wokrs the way they want it too, just because you want it to work differently doesn't make it broken. You also just admitted you were trolling, and you're telling me to use my brain? That's a laugh. You should really learn what semantics means, because jokingly telling people they disgust you is not semantics.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#22Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 9:50:53 AM
bluehat94 posted...
Octotron posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Aadrian1234 posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Why exactly is turning the BA points on and off not a viable argument?

I don't get that either. He complains that BA ranks will make you OP, but Gearbox let's you turn it off, BUT he doesn't want to turn it off. Gearbox wants to please both audiences, but he is selfish enough to want it made just for him. The world doesn't work that way

He seems like he's either a huge troll or a huge dou***, you should have seen his topic earlier today saying that everyone on this board is uncreative in their topic making and therefore disgusts him. I'm not entirely sure if he was serious or not, but i'm leaning towards not, because if everyone on this board disgusts him, why is he still making topics?

Wow. You seriously need to start comprehending semantics. How was my last topic in any way serious? You might want to start using your brain.

Secondly, a whole new feature to this game shouldn't be turned on/off due to it lacking in proper design. It's great that they give the option, but that shouldn't be a 'Get out of jail free card' because they didn't make the system properly.

It's pretty obvious at this point that you haven't even been paying attention to your own topic, because it was just discussed bout how it isn't broken, the system wokrs the way they want it too, just because you want it to work differently doesn't make it broken. You also just admitted you were trolling, and you're telling me to use my brain? That's a laugh. You should really learn what semantics means, because jokingly telling people they disgust you is not semantics.

Anyone with some cop-on would realise my topic was a joke topic. It was no where near trolling or trying to induce hate. For godsake, don't butchering that word.

Clearly you're the one who doesn't know what semantics means because if you thought that me telling people I disgust them IS semantics, unfortunately that makes no sense.

Here, I was only asking if BP were to become OP, a simple question, no need to jump on the statement "Turning on and off the BP system is not a viable argument in this thread." and go flame yourselves silly. This board has a very sensitive and uptight tone about it. I've seen more than one thread that have had flame wars start over simple matters. You need to have a sense of humour and be nice to people.

Tell me please how the system works. Not a rhetorical question by the way.
---
Gimme some SHMIGGES.
#23Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 10:06:16 AM
craiguk37 posted...
Im pretty sure the way badass points work is like this -

When you complete something (like one of the challenges) you get badass ranks. Every so many badass ranks reach a milestone and get a badass token, lets say it works like this. At every one of these intervals you get a token.
1badass rank
10 badass ranks

Obviously it wont go up that fast but you can see eventually its going to take a long time to get the next token, but not impossible.

At some point, if you played it enough it would require you to complete every single challenge on a character to get enough ranks for the next token.

So while it might be infinite, it is going to become TOO time comsuming to rank up enough to get the later tokens.

Also, because of this, I dont think they diminish in how much they upgrade your stats over time. It wouldnt need to. It could be a fixed stat like +2% every token

Anyway, thats how I think it works.

THANK you. I understand now. Someone that can give a positive response.
---
Gimme some SHMIGGES.
#24bluehat94Posted 8/5/2012 10:19:24 AM(edited)
Octotron posted...

Anyone with some cop-on would realise my topic was a joke topic. It was no where near trolling or trying to induce hate. For godsake, don't butchering that word.

Clearly you're the one who doesn't know what semantics means because if you thought that me telling people I disgust them IS semantics, unfortunately that makes no sense.

Here, I was only asking if BP were to become OP, a simple question, no need to jump on the statement "Turning on and off the BP system is not a viable argument in this thread." and go flame yourselves silly. This board has a very sensitive and uptight tone about it. I've seen more than one thread that have had flame wars start over simple matters. You need to have a sense of humour and be nice to people.

It was trolling, because a topic like that is going to annoy and even possibly make other posters angry regardless of it is serious or not, which is the definition of trolling, so i'm not butchering the word.

That's not what I thought, it was not semantics and I don't know what you think semantics is, but that topic wasn't it, but whatever. I also didn't "jump" on the statement, I asked very politely "why isn't it viable?", and why should I be nice to you when the only posts i've seen you make is insulting other users? serious or not, it still comes of as pretty mean.

The badass points system works like this: every few badass levels you gain you get a badass point, the badass point goes towards upgrading one of 5 areas picked randomly from a group of 12, it's just minor upgrades, as you may have noticed in an earlier video, the character had a badass level of 18k and was in no way over powered, a level like that can only be attained through several playthroughs.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#25Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 10:27:46 AM
bluehat94 posted...
Octotron posted...

It was trolling, because a topic like that is going to annoy and even possibly make other posters angry, which is the definition of trolling, so i'm not butchering the word.

That's not what I thought, it was not semantics and I don't know what you think semantics is, but that topic wasn't it, but whatever. I also didn't "jump" on the statement, I asked very politely "why isn't it viable?", and why should I be nice to you when the only posts i've seen you make is insulting other users? serious or not, it still comes of as pretty mean.

The badass points system works like this: every few badass levels you gain you get a badass point, the badass point goes towards upgrading one of 5 areas picked randomly from a group of 12, it's just minor upgrades, as you may have noticed in an earlier video, the character had a badass level of 18k and was in no way over powered, a level like that can only be attained through several playthroughs.

Look, I'm not going to argue anymore, I'll apologise. It was quite immature of me anyways.

Thanks for the info.
---
Gimme some SHMIGGES.
#26bluehat94Posted 8/5/2012 10:29:40 AM
Octotron posted...
bluehat94 posted...
Octotron posted...

It was trolling, because a topic like that is going to annoy and even possibly make other posters angry, which is the definition of trolling, so i'm not butchering the word.

Look, I'm not going to argue anymore, I'll apologise. It was quite immature of me anyways.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome, I think it's an interesting system, Pitchford explained it kind of cool too, he said he wants to make B2 a hobby instead of a game.
---
#27darktonberryPosted 8/13/2012 2:53:05 PM
If the points are infinite as your title states how is there a cap?
#28TrueDozenMarksPosted 8/16/2012 7:29:17 AM
The only thing I wish I could do was start each of my characters off with zero points and level up their badass ranks individually instead of across the whole profile.

It's better than nothing, I suppose. Rather have weapon proficiency return as well.
#29Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 7:32:53 AM
darktonberry posted...
If the points are infinite as your title states how is there a cap?

Because I'm amazing.
---
Known as The Elite on the Ireland Board.
#30ZarnonElchrisPosted 8/16/2012 9:52:47 AM
TrueDozenMarks posted...
The only thing I wish I could do was start each of my characters off with zero points and level up their badass ranks individually instead of across the whole profile....

From what I understand, you do have that option. You can apply all your badass bonuses, none of them, or just the ones earned by that character.