Pearlescent Weapons

#1gunsndrosesPosted 8/6/2012 4:18:26 PM
I was one of those people who obsessed over the damn things.

I spent *weeks* on end with my best friends farming Crawmerax and the armory.. over two months, we found a Bessie and an Avenger.

I deviated further from farming... I found some people on the Gearbox forums who would trade with me, or at least dupe for me. I must have spent an arm and a leg getting them- some of my best legendaries included- but I finally *legitimately* acquired at least one variant of every pearlescent weapon.

That was like a year or two ago. The things were hard as hell to get. Nowadays, with online on Borderlands being corrupted by the plague of infernal modders, pearlescents are comparable to pocket change.

I'd say most people with Borderlands have The Secret Armory of General Knoxx; and from that, I'd say most SAoGK owners have gotten their hands on at least one pearl gun.

My question to you (assuming you've played around with some)- what is your favorite pearlescent?

Mine would have to be the Bessie. My main character was a hunter, and the Bessie was absolutely spectacular for him. Ridiculous damage + 500% critical damage = pain on the toilet.

I also had my hunter use the Aries; spectacular gun; but not as awesome as the Bessie, for me at least.

But for my other characters, the Serpens was awesome too.

Thoughts?
---
Heimskr for High King
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 8/6/2012 4:26:48 PM
Very character dependent for me.

Hunter-Bessie, nemesis
Siren-nemesis, serpwns
Soldier-nemesis, serpwns, Aries
brick-jackal, undertaker
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nicvyhrmTDs
#3scorpio manPosted 8/6/2012 4:31:51 PM
Well if those things were actually decent and not suck
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - Polak Toma
#4gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 4:42:46 PM
scorpio man posted...
Well if those things were actually decent and not suck

Almost every pearl gun was superb..
---
Heimskr for High King
#5FillyPhlyersPosted 8/6/2012 5:10:27 PM
I only found one Pearl and it was the combat rifle (and luckily I was a soldier) but sadly, the gun blew. My cobra rifle was just head and shoulders above it. really disappointing.
#6gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 5:30:21 PM
FillyPhlyers posted...
I only found one Pearl and it was the combat rifle (and luckily I was a soldier) but sadly, the gun blew. My cobra rifle was just head and shoulders above it. really disappointing.

Yeah, the Avenger (think thats what you're referring to) was a one-shot rifle. I didn't like it all too much.
---
Heimskr for High King
#7VrindlvinePosted 8/6/2012 7:00:18 PM
Say what? I love the avenger so much crit damage. Its like a massive clip size sniper that my soldier gets bonus damage with.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#8olmansilverpantPosted 8/6/2012 11:08:40 PM
killed craw over 60 times on playthru 2.5... not a single pearl :(
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#9AlleRacingPosted 8/6/2012 11:10:08 PM
Nemesis was my favourite. It was actually pretty damn powerful, and not underwhelming like the Tsunami. x4 procs were brutal. An Invader scope made it into a power house.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#10xPercivala2536xPosted 8/7/2012 1:20:54 AM
I believe the topic creator meant to write Pearl necklace weapons. I would like to see them, but I don' think Gearbox could pull it off and keep the M rating.
---
"I ran into a mexican dragon earlier, he used Unrelenting Force, but it came out TA COB ELL..." - blasterfaster443