Mr. 3000

#11The Steel PhantomPosted 8/6/2012 9:07:48 PM
The fact that he has 3000 karma is irrelevant to anything he said. o.O ... Also... 3000 Karma is nothing. :P
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#12SherlockHomeyPosted 8/7/2012 7:46:21 AM
Karma fight!
#13Archangel Sephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 2:03:45 PM
The two messages were disparate. In the first, I was talking about a greater challenge in the original Borderlands, a session that coincidentally got pushed back to next week because one friend bailed. The final "to 3000" was a reference to the second game coming out, which (unless I received some bad information from an otherwise reliable friend) has NO LEVEL CAP. Meaning, theoretically, if one were to put in enough hours, one would be able to reach level 3000, if such a number exists, level-wise, in the sequel.

I thought the karma reference was obvious, as well, but I guess I failed to tie my thoughts together, leading to the apparent confusion.
---
"HOLY @#$%...We have to fight THAT? #$%! this game, I quit." ~McKillington
"you wouldn't download a car" ~Unsigned Code
#14capnovanPosted 8/7/2012 2:09:00 PM
I thought you were referring to the Bernie Mac movie
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#15LoneWolf4545Posted 8/7/2012 2:32:38 PM
Archangel Sephiroth posted...
The two messages were disparate. In the first, I was talking about a greater challenge in the original Borderlands, a session that coincidentally got pushed back to next week because one friend bailed. The final "to 3000" was a reference to the second game coming out, which (unless I received some bad information from an otherwise reliable friend) has NO LEVEL CAP. Meaning, theoretically, if one were to put in enough hours, one would be able to reach level 3000, if such a number exists, level-wise, in the sequel.

I thought the karma reference was obvious, as well, but I guess I failed to tie my thoughts together, leading to the apparent confusion.

No there is definitely a level cap. Apparently there isn't a level cap to the bad ass system or whatever it called.
---
Gt: swkids
#16Denial048Posted 8/7/2012 11:33:53 PM

The level cap is 50, as the achievement is "50... for now" or something along those lines. Meaning it will be raised eventually.
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/Denial048.htm
#17Archangel Sephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 9:21:02 AM
Damn! I knew it was too good to be true. Hopefully, then, they are giving out plenty more skill points for side-quests, then, since the last go-around had most side quests doling out what was effectively cash bonuses in (otherwise worthless) loot form.
---
#18Archangel Sephiroth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 1:32:24 PM
Got it, it is the Badass Level that does not cap. To 3000 of badass-ery! Does anybody have any more information on how Badass levels work/what passive skills are upgradeable along the way?
---
#19HughJorgennPosted 8/14/2012 2:11:39 PM
Got it, it is the Badass Level that does not cap. To 3000 of badass-ery! Does anybody have any more information on how Badass levels work/what passive skills are upgradeable along the way?

I dont know but I am pretty sure if you get that rank up to 3000 whenever your character sneezes everyone else on the planet pees in their pants a lil' bit.
#20TSReaperPosted 8/14/2012 4:43:37 PM
HughJorgenn posted...

I dont know but I am pretty sure if you get that rank up to 3000 whenever your character sneezes everyone else on the planet pees in their pants a lil' bit.

A Badass Rank of over 18,000 didn't even put any of the 12 visible buffs over 10%. So you'll need well over 3,000 to be capable of that.
---
"All down the church in midst of fire, the hellish monster flew, and, passing onward to the quire, he many people slew."