Minor 'new' things you noticed in BL2 videos

#1GreyDragonClawPosted 8/18/2012 4:12:05 AM(edited)
There was a recent play through where you had to collect an item from a chest, but you had the option of giving it to one of two people, for different rewards....
But.. I've also noticed that in the Tiny Tina quest, you can choose from one of two rewards too. I have to admit, all the reward guns I got in Borderlands 1, I sold almost straight away as they never seemed to be any good, so it's nice to at least get an option between a new gun, or a grenade mod.
---
I need a new sig...
#2legend253Posted 8/18/2012 9:08:04 AM
In the Hyperion Slaughter gameplay, I noticed that, at level 32, Axton had a shield with 4731 capacity. Also, he did a 67331 damage crit with a Jakobs Sniper Rifle.

Big. Numbers.
---
GT: Lord Avon (if you wanna play Borderlands, message me)
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."
#3k1ll3rl0k1Posted 8/18/2012 9:26:16 AM
Wow I think I need to pay more attention to the shields in the game play but 30 days left
#4ShineboltPosted 8/18/2012 10:03:58 AM
legend253 posted...
In the Hyperion Slaughter gameplay, I noticed that, at level 32, Axton had a shield with 4731 capacity. Also, he did a 67331 damage crit with a Jakobs Sniper Rifle.

Big. Numbers.

Could have just been the devs using assists. It's done all the time for previews to make the game look more epic or flow more smoothly without constant stalling to wait for shields/health to regenerate or stopping to find ammo or even reload.
#5feliaroPosted 8/18/2012 10:37:05 AM
i noticed on one video, i dont remember which, but that someone was down to about 10% health and it was 500ish health, only at level 20ish so i think there are more numbers this time around
---
florins, glyphs, feathers, pages, etc. i got 'em all
#6DeadKanePosted 8/18/2012 11:53:17 AM
Those huge numbers could be just for the devs to show the game off. When Skyrim was coming out, the Dragonborn that was used for demonstrations tended to be pretty damn OP IIRC.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg
#7legend253Posted 8/18/2012 5:00:46 PM
Yeah, it could be, but we've seen these huge numbers for a while now. Also, I have never once heard of devs making the characters stronger, while not just putting on God Mode (which is what the Dragonborn in test Skyrim stuff was). Even in the test builds at PAX and E3 had the big numbers (I saw a rocket launcher that dished out 2731 and a shotgun that had upwards of 300x12 at level 25).

Personally, I think the shield may have been a result of shield capacity boosting skills Axton may possess. There is no evidence to suggest that the build was altered, and I think they would have said something. Besides, BL is all about crazy loot, why wouldn't the shield be powerful? It was a Jakobs, why wouldn't it take more than one shot?

Geez, I feel like I'm becoming too skeptical. You know you are when you're being skeptical of people being skeptical.
---
GT: Lord Avon (if you wanna play Borderlands, message me)
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel."
#8DeadKanePosted 8/18/2012 5:19:25 PM
I have no clue what the actual answer is. I was just throwing it out there, and it wouldn't really shock me.
---
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/VWGoSc28B1M/0.jpg