How long will it take to beat the game?

#11Bob_EsrockPosted 8/31/2012 5:50:41 AM
Probably 10-20 hours over how long they say it'll take. I do a lot of exploring in every corner of the game world if I can. If everything in this game is open like how they say though, I can easily see it taking me over 100 hours to get close to finishing everything. Like in Fallout or TES, where I wander and wander and wander.

My god, I just got my hype level close to critical failure. So close!
---
Lurking since 1999
#12stickboy2323Posted 8/31/2012 6:03:50 AM
Plasmeto posted...
wiiman1996 posted...
Keep in mind that when they said it took them 58 hours, that was doing a complete playthrough. As in doing every side quest e.t.c.

And keep in mind that developers have a tendency to exaggerate the length of their game when promoting it before release... However, if the game is at least as long as the first I will be pretty satisfied.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the playable area in the game is 3 times larger or something like that. Not saying the game will be 3 times longer but that is a lot of ground to cover.
#13strokerace89Posted 8/31/2012 6:21:16 AM
as long as the game is as long as the first one i will be more than happy. and from the looks of it it will be that at least so i'm good. and the world is supposed to be at least twice as big this time around. lots of lootin and shootin to do!
---
GT:Budgetcow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6AzxeHmVI
#14MrImpatient35Posted 8/31/2012 6:52:20 AM
In a preview I read, they said the game's about 1.5 times the length of the first game.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#15vogelkackePosted 8/31/2012 7:47:30 AM
and1ballr posted...
In a preview I read, they said the game's about 1.5 times the length of the first game.

nope they said the map is 1.5 times bigger than in borderlands 2. dont know if they meant with the dlc or without it.
#16cheezedadadaPosted 8/31/2012 8:03:12 AM
Yeah doesnt matter how long it takes, I will definitely be putting 100+ into this game like I did with Borderlands 1. One of the few games I could play 3+ times in a row and not be bored at all.
---
Uhhh, ya got any gum?
#17kel25Posted 8/31/2012 9:07:52 AM
Normally when a developer claims you will get X hours out of a game it normally takes far less time to do. After my experience with BL I am sure that it will take me a lot longer than what Gearbox claims to finish BL2. I spent a lot of time looking for loot and farming certain areas.
#18Dragon NexusPosted 8/31/2012 2:51:48 PM
vogelkacke posted...
and1ballr posted...

nope they said the map is 1.5 times bigger than in borderlands 2. dont know if they meant with the dlc or without it.

How could they possibly know that when the DLc hasn't even been announced or even designed yet?
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#19EasygoingBirdPosted 8/31/2012 2:54:17 PM
It's going to be nuts. If you assume 50 hours, then playthrough 2 and 5 characters, that's 500 hours, not including DLC. Plus playthrough 2.5 will keep things fresh for a while, and Gearbox has said they want to put content in for people that have beat the game / hit the level cap.
---
Going to Mcdonalds with heart disease. Heavy risk, but the FRIIIIES
GT: Dr Chowder
#20vogelkackePosted 9/2/2012 10:30:47 AM
EasygoingBird posted...
It's going to be nuts. If you assume 50 hours, then playthrough 2 and 5 characters, that's 500 hours, not including DLC. Plus playthrough 2.5 will keep things fresh for a while, and Gearbox has said they want to put content in for people that have beat the game / hit the level cap.

you cant trust these numbers. 50 hours is what he said but its probably 30 hours max.
as someone else said the devs like to overegg the pudding